Why do the GB members live so long?

by yaddayadda 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Clam - I'm hoping the 'life on Mars' thread will get plenty of ideas in it. I'm pretty sure of what happened, but it is a bit confusing. Like Sam, I am needing a jump into reality with this programme and input from others might help. So after you've seen the repeat, perhaps you might leave your opinion also?

• Dansk
    Dansk

Frankiespeakin is right on the button!

The GB members are cocooned, pampered and want for nothing. Longevity is easier to attain under such conditions.

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

Morning Dansk!

Do you think that the GB members 'suffer' any emotional or moral turmoil over the havoc they wreak on the lives of the ordinary rank and file, or do you think their cocooning means they are never exposed to results of their religious/legal dodging doctrines?

• Zico
    Zico
    Do you think that the GB members 'suffer' any emotional or moral turmoil over the havoc they wreak on the lives of the ordinary rank and file, or do you think their cocooning means they are never exposed to results of their religious/legal dodging doctrines?

From reading Crisis of Conscience, it seems to me that some stuggle, and some don't. Obviously Ray did, and Lyman Swingle and Daniel Sydlik appeared to as well, but enough of the GB still considered Ray a big enough threat to get him df'd.

• abbagail
    abbagail

They live longer because:

NO STRESS (pampered pooches, lol), no money worries,no housing worries, no car payment worries, etc. etc.

And they were all born several decades before the canned/boxed/bagged/junk-food generation began around WW2, so they, like a lot of old people who "live forever" (pun intended, lol), they more likely had better fresh food in their formative years before everything became automated and packaged at the "food factories."

Also, they probably always went to bed early (which is good for circadian rhythyms, good for the liver, the HGH hormone which has to do with aging, etc. etc.), and got up early, unlike some of us posting all hours of the day and night. ;-)

But the main thing, imho, is NO STRESS, not like living in the "real world" where you MUST DO (whether you feel like it or not) OR DIE.

/ag

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Carey Barber's twin brother Norman died 20 years earlier...

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

.."Stuff-a-Dub"...

Now that's funny.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

As well as the reasons mentioned above, I think the fact that GB members are generally chosen from a pool of quite elderly men in good health will skew the statistics. If someone is in good physical shape at 60, and they don't smoke or over-indulge in anything, they're more likely than members of the general population to reach a ripe old age.

• lisavegas420
  • orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Maybe its because they eat their weaties or cheerio's breakfast of champions...

with the money they have they can afford the best of health care and not worry about a thing except to exert power over 6millions disillioned JW's.

power gives you energy it makes your adrenal glands pumped.

orangefatcat, is 55 but somedays feel 102.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit