Convince me

by Liza 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Jehovah's Witnesses' book: Life — How did it get here? By evolution or by creation?

Here's a list of misquotations from this book:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/misquotations-in-creation-book.html

Here's an analysis on how it misrepresents evidence:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-8-what-creation-book-says-about.html

And a whole series on the topic of the WTS view of creation, if you're so inclined:

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-1-disagreements-about-evolution.html

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Righteousness is known by its harmony with Bible principles. -Fred

What is righteous about your cult's two-witness rule? Or keeping law enforcement at bay on child abuse cases? Or shunning? Or wife abuse?...... The quality of justice is the benchmark of each civilization. JW's are unjust, divisive and manipulative, no matter how hard you wave your bible ot try to justify your unscrupulous doctrines. Your cult's "love" is intolerant, unwilling to reason, unavailable for compromizes and incapable of empathy for the lives it has sacrified and the multiple families it has destroyed. Your cult's "love" is afraid of introspection and avoids a bigger perspective. Your cul'ts righteousnes is antisocial, psychologicaly toxic while looking forward to death & destruction. I have a name for your inhumane and useless "love" (TM) you spill in here, Fred, but it can not be expressed in a decent forum like this. Wake up and smell the flowers. While you look forward to our destruction, I look forward to the rest of my life in peace and sincere love. Gerard

• Gerard
    Gerard
    At least, the NWT isn't always being revised, right? -Fred

Right. Your owners only revise its meaning.

• Vice
    Vice

It boggles my mind that some people on here try to defend the JW mentality. There is enough material on this site to topple the entire JW organization and yet it still goes on. I am learning that you can't help people like this "Fred" guy, with real conversation and debate, if they like the flavor of the WT kool-aid. Fred likes to think logically, then I'll give him some "logic": Eph 4:4-6 "there is one God and one Lord" If Jesus isn't God then God isn't Lord. Anything and everything in existence can be tested whether is it true God or False god with a simple question. Man is referred to as god. So would man be true god or false god? Satan is called god. Would Satan be true god or false god? Some people view, and put material things in place of god, i.e. money. Is money true god or false god? What does the bible say about false gods that exist both in the imaginary and material world? Turn and flee. Don't pay them any attention. Jesus is referred to as God many times throughout the Bible. Is Jesus True God or false god? There is no in-between answer. It is black and white, clear-cut, one or the other. If your answer is false god, then you've got big problems. The message of the bible is that Jesus had two natures, with each being 100%. He was 100% God, and 100% man. JW’s are good at pointing out His human nature, but where the Bible speaks of His divine nature, they either change or add words to their own translation (NWT:Needless Waste of Time) to lessen His position. When you try to demote Jesus and His position, remember that He limited himself so He could be the perfect sacrifice Php 2:7-8. Who is the Almighty Jehovah in Rev1:7,4:8? Who is the one coming? Jesus. Who is the Alpha and Omega, First and the Last? Both God (Isa44:6) and Jesus(Rev22:13) are called this. They share so many names that can only apply to God (Light, creator, judge, savior, rock, “I AM”, Lord of lords and King of kings). If you can’t see it, then you should pray to the Lord to open your eyes and your heart, that you may see His message and feel His love! Why did the organization worship Jesus until the mid 1950's, and all the sudden decide that it wasn't appropriate and that He isn't worthy of worship? Bad light isn’t from God, and isn’t light at all. Then who could it be from? Someone trying to muddy up the gospel? Type into your favorite search engine: Johannes Greber, and see how he and his wife being spirit mediums affected the doctrine and translation of the NWT, that JW's have today. God Bless!

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The doubters believe they're in their right mind, just as those who speak the truth do. -Fred

Are those who repeat implanted phrases without using independent thinking, in their "right mind" too? You think your 'direct channel of communication with God' still speak the truth after almost one century of doctrine flip-flops? Never mind end of the world dates. Realize that truth has no expiration date and that fear is a very powerful mind control tool.

• Gerard
    Gerard

[deleted double post]

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Actually, Fred, the NWT had a number of revisions. Considering it was first produced in the 1950s, the number of revisions per annum is rather high.

The Authorized Version, on the other hand, has not had a high number of revisions per annum since 1611.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit