Convince me

by Liza 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Jehovah's Witnesses' book: Life — How did it get here? By evolution or by creation? is an excellent one on this subject. Particularly good is the chart on pages 112-113 called Which Fits the Facts? ... The Logical Conclusion.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The pearl of great price, once bought, must be closely guarded and never sold for any price.

• minimus
    minimus

Liza, I didn't read this whole thread, just your 1st comments. My take is this: If Jehovah actually did use the FDS, why are they continually giving "improper food"? Their revisions and turn arounds are so obvious that no one in their right mind would believe that they are dispensers of truth. They cannot be speaking for God if they are usually wrong.

• minimus
    minimus

How come Fred gets away with spamming on this serious thread????

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The doubters believe they're in their right mind, just as those who speak the truth do.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Fred's always serious, even when he has to deal with spam.

• minimus
    minimus

So was that cat called Fred Hall.

Righteousness is known by its harmony with Bible principles.

Bible principles? Such as the subordination of women, extermination of those who don't share your religious viewpoints, etc? One man's "righteousness" is another man's contempt.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    The pearl of great price, once bought, must be closely guarded and never sold for any price.

After much difficulty, Fred, I figured out you are referring to my reference to Mark Twain. You are assuming of course, that you have discovered the pearl, not a fake. Twain is quite right that people tend to take their "pearl", flaws and all, and defend it against all critics. I say rather that truth stands on it's own, and nobody can claim it as exclusively theirs. If they see a flaw, they must admit it. Otherwise, their "gem" is worthless.
  • unique1
    unique1

Although I had issues before hand with the lack of love in the congregation and quotes from the Daniel/Ezekiel books where they applied scriptures that definitely referenced Jesus to men in the organization, this is what really convinced me.

You stated:
    -The true religion does not preach hate, only hate to what is bad, but not who is bad. Other mainstream churches preach hate toward muslims and gays. Don't forget the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades. They did not listen to "Thou shall not murder".

Here are some organizational quotes:

*** The Golden Age 1921 Oct 12 p.17 ***

Vaccination never prevented anything and never will, and is the most barbarous practice... Use your rights as American citizens to forever abolish the devilish practice of vaccination.

[Emphasis Added]

This continued until 1939

*** Consolation, March 22, 1939, p. 21 ***

...the irrefutably logical fact that serums and vaccines are products of contamination...rise in cancer is attributed to the use of serums...for the best part they are but handicaps to inherent healing forces of the human body...these are by-products of pus matter...in reality and action it is worse than the proverbial "seven plagues"...One may go through life without having serious manifestations of what has been injected into his blood-stream, thus thinking he was "immunized", but, suddenly, it may begin its satanic work on his child, or even "unto third and fourth generation".

[Emphasis Added]

*** Consolation, May 31, 1939, p. 3 ***

[This is a summary, not a quote]

[Vaccination is a "cruel hoax" on mankind by Satan himself.]

[Emphasis Added]

Now look at your previous statement. How many children do you think died from not getting a vaccination? How many suffered? Is it the crusades? No. But, if witnesses had gotten their children vaccinated back then they would have been disfellowshipped and shunned by ALL JW family and friends for not obeying the organization. Did the organization ever apologize for such an action? NO. If you think that all of this is overlookable and OK then maybe you should be a witness. http://www.reexamine.org/quotes/vaccination.htm

Oh and also you should read Crisis of Conscience before making any rash decisions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit