Convince me

by Liza 116 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gerard
    Gerard
    It's about focus, and endurance, and faith, hope, and love (of the purest kind). -Fred EH

Focus - focusing on distorted bible interpretations? The WT focus on isolating the cult members from society and family, and convincing members to find Satan in every subject and object. Sure they focus, but on control through fear.

Endurance - One certainly need endurance to put up with all repression, demands and implanted fears.

Faith - Faith in God or on a profitable printing corporation?

Love - WT's "love" is conditional and manipulative. You know it, Fred.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The blood thing, for me is not important, there are blood substitutes available. -Lisa

You have not done your research and seemingly you already gave the WT the option to sacrifice you and/or your children. Never mind the distorted Biblical base for it.

FACT: NOTHING can substitute the oxygen carrying function of whole red blood cells. If you have a need for transfusion, no amount of fractions, blood substitutes and plasma expanders will prevent of you dieing of lack of oxygen to the brain.

Remember, vaccines were evil, as aluminum, tissue transplants and blood fractions. If the WT speaks the truth, howcome they keep changing their mind? New light is a tool the WT uses to morph and adapt to changing legal & social situations. Truth has no expiration date.

G

• Liza
    Liza

Gerard-ah, I've read more about it now, and yeah it also seems illogical about what the WTS does allow. It was mentioned in an excerpt in http://www.commentarypress.com/eng-search-ch9-01.html how:

<i>As one person observed, it is as if a person were instructed by a doctor to stop eating ham and cheese sandwiches, but told that it is acceptable to take the sandwich apart and eat the bread, the ham and the cheese separately, not as a sandwich.</i>

heh.

As for MJ, well I kinda thought aobut that too, that the order of animals isn't consistent. However I sometimes wonder if the the word used for "birds" or "flying creatures" really reffered to insects since many scientists regard insects as being both the first animlas on land and in the air. I still kinda belive in that no one idea of how life on Earth formed or started is enough, that all the big three categories, creation, intelligent design, and evolution may have all happened.

Though that pretty much confirms the suspicion many people here hold already that I would be shunned by the JWs the first day after being baptized.

Oh and found out that CT Russel wasn't a freemason but was a noted pyramidologist.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Auldsoul:

heavy influence of Masonic traditions

Oh? I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to support that.

This has become a personal bugbear of mine. It started because I hated seeing folks make daft assertions on the Board that reflect on all of us badly. When crazy assertions are shown to be false it undermines confidence in other more accurate statements. There's more than enough ammo to show the WTS for what it is, without inventing stuff.

Liza:
    You've been busy. Go girl

Oh and found out that CT Russel wasn't a freemason but was a noted pyramidologist.

Yup.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like that one, Gerard. "Truth has no expiration date". I'm keeping that.

Liza, one of my favorite quotes of all time by Mark Twain ever since I brushed with the Witnesses:

We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after the Truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he has never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after the Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment- until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather.
    - "What is Man?"

I treasure this quote to myself. A regular Witness brushes it off, considering it comes from a "worldly" person.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Love is patient and kind, even to one's enemies.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Righteousness is known by its harmony with Bible principles.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

The name Jehovah seems reasonable enough for English. We have names like Jesus/Joshua and Jehoram based on the first 4 letters of Jehovah, and we have names like Isaiah and Jeremiah based on Jah/Iah. It is good to remember that just 400 years ago; I, i, & j were 3 forms of the same letter i (depending on where the letter was in the word); and V, v, and u were 3 forms of the letter v (on a similar basis). In those days, there was a f-looking s as well. It was only later that the i/j became 2 distinct letters, and v/u became distinct in English. Languages affect the names of all in the Bible, as a look of Bibles of other languages soon shows.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

At least, the NWT isn't always being revised, right?

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Days vary in length of time according to idiom and context.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit