Just woke up

by Doctor Who 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

done4good

For me, it was discovering the gross misuse of scientists' and others' quotes in WT literature, along with the bone-headed misrepresentation of evolution, so-called flood geology and early human history.

This here! Being trained in the scientific disciplines drives me nuts!
  • Cadellin
    Cadellin
    I don't know how old you are, Doctor, but from what I've seen, pretty JW girls outnumber marriageable guys 5 to 1. Now, emotional issues...well, that's another story!
  • DJS
    DJS

Doctor Who,

Glad you are awake! My GF is adorable when she first wakes up. She speaks a combination of Hindi, English and Arabic. I can't understand a damn thing she says until I get two cups of coffee in her. My reason for stating this is that you may want to take your time speaking "just woke up dub" to anyone until you get the psychological equivalent of a few cups of coffee in you.

And this is the place for the java. Welcome.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Cadellin
    Cadellin 11 minutes ago
    I don't know how old you are, Doctor, but from what I've seen, pretty JW girls outnumber marriageable guys 5 to 1. Now, emotional issues...well, that's another story!
    I am a 44 yo USA brother. Yeah, the sisters are there. It is actually pathetic. I have some brothers who, for the lack of a better word, pimp their 20 something daughters on me. "Oh brother so in so, my daughter is sooooo spiritual. She needs a nice spiritual man like yourself." Really?!?!?!?! Don't get me wrong, I truly believe this religion screws with the female psyche. More so than with men. That is why I am trying to get my baby sister free from this religion.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Welcome! There are many of us here in similar situations. I look forward to your posts.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Welcome!

I have a sister who is still in. We are very close and I have to be careful. I can tell she has questions and I put in little 'gems' for her to think about. She was an uber pioneer but has slowed down because of health. I know she sees what is going on but is in denial

I have a very similar situation. I wonder how many other JWs are in denial.

this should be an interesting ride

It is and has been to me. I am still processing it all. I was all in; I lived it 24/7. Since I was so heavily involved, I find it interesting to learn about the real JWdom and to observe the morphing into a new entity - one that many of the strong old-timers I knew who are now deceased would not recognize.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Welcome! I hope you'll find this to be as good a source of support in a difficult time as I've found it to be. My advice would be to take your time and go slow. As it turns out, Armageddon isn't imminent, so you've got time to figure out how you want to handle things as you come to grasp fully the situation you're in.

Go slow especially with trying to wake up any family. If you push too hard you could succeed only in alienating them and pushing them further in.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    done4good Btw, Doctor Who was cool as hell.

WAS?????? He's real and he's still "out there."
    Anyway, congratulations on your rejecting the elder role and congratulations on waking up, whatever it took. Yes, holy spirit is not the least bit involved in deciding "WHO" should be an elder. (Sorry, couldn't resist saying that.)I can hear them now: "Shame on you for getting an education, but as long as you are done, help me out and you should be an elder."
  • flipper
    flipper
    DOCTOR WHO- Congratulations on waking up ! Good for you. Welcome to the forum. We're here as a support to you. I exited the JW cult over 11 years ago and I saw lots of burying of skeletons as well and unethical conduct among elders. One of the big things that woke me up. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations on waking up and for choosing a great name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit