Just woke up

by Doctor Who 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

New to the site. Currently I am a ministerial servant and was told I was appointed to be an elder. I told the brothers I was not ready for that assignment. Here is my back story.....another brother was just made a ministerial servant. His family is 'known' in the circuit to be a spiritual family with many appointed as elders or servants. Well, I and others in the congregation know that this young man is a, how can I say it nicely, a womanizer. This started my awakening, I started to dig for more info and was just dumbfounded. I found out many in this young man's family is known for 'testing the forbidden fruit' with women. I guess the 'un'Holy Spirit doesn't care when you come from a 'good' family.

I have always been an outsider in the congregation. I have a secular education, a degree and that seems to have put me at odds with the powers to be. Well, except when they need my expertize then, well they come begging for me to volunteer to assist. I always thought that was hypocritical of them. Anyways...this should be an interesting ride....

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Brilliant - and welcome!

We are still 'in' but fading fast.

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Welcome Doctor Who!

The ride gets smoother as time goes by. Then the real ride begins, life! Hang on, you'll love it!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Have you ever had a dream, Doctor who, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Welcome to the real world ;)
  • done4good
    done4good

Welcome!

I remember this experience well...

I have a secular education, a degree and that seems to have put me at odds with the powers to be. Well, except when they need my expertize then, well they come begging for me to volunteer to assist.

• done4good
    done4good
    Btw, Doctor Who was cool as hell.
  • Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, Doctor. Nice that you've been able to see firsthand the hypocrisy. You're in a good position to see through the Society's defense against negative publicity--that it is all a result of "lying apostates." For me, it was discovering the gross misuse of scientists' and others' quotes in WT literature, along with the bone-headed misrepresentation of evolution, so-called flood geology and early human history.

Waking up leads to challenges, though, if your family is all in and especially if you have a spouse who's active.

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

New posters are chronically welcome here :D

Keep posting!! xx

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I have a sister who is still in. We are very close and I have to be careful. I can tell she has questions and I put in little 'gems' for her to think about. She was an uber pioneer but has slowed down because of health. I know she sees what is going on but is in denial. I have to play it safe to help her. Fortunately I never married. Most of the sisters my age are, well.....um.... have emotional issues, yeah! Emotional issues. LOL!

• Zoos
    Zoos

It's good to have a doctor in the house.

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit