Just woke up

by Doctor Who 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Wecome !
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Sometimes it seems as if the people in the congregation are like the Weeping Angels, every time you blink or turn around they seem to come closer to sending you away.
  • cappytan
    cappytan

Hey man. Welcome.

I'm Still in though mentally awake. I Was born and raise in the Truth. 7 years of Full Time Service including Bethel. Former MS. On the verge of being recommended again though. (Was already told it was coming next CO visit.). I know it'll be very surprising to the elders when I turn it down.

For years I've been wanting to be reappointed. But now that I'm awake, that's when Holy Spirit decides to kick in? Goes to show its all BS.

If you haven't already, look into reading Crisis of Conscience. (Google "Crisis of Conscience PDF" and you'll find a free download.)

its an excellent book and helped to solidify all the feelings I had about the Truth.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome Doctor Who. There seems to be ALOT of people waking up.

Yes...they hypocrisy is off the chain. It's all about appearances. If you LOOK spiritual and know all the right people, all is ok. We had an Elder in our hall (when we were still drinking the Kool Aid) who looked spiritual but oops got caught with his pants down (literally). We knew something was up with him for years. He sat in judgement of everyone else while he was carrying on with women. He was on a judicial committee with some good friends of ours all while he was playing hide the salami. He was a total ass to our friends who were going through alot.

Wait until you learn TTATT (The Truth About the Truth). We suggest you read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz and also visit JW Facts. You will learn so much. The hypocrisy goes so much further than what goes on a the Kingdom Hall. This is why we made our exit. Read the past threads on here, so many new ones are joining and the fortunate ones who got out years ago can really help you through what will be a incredible eye opening experience.

Keep us posted on your journey.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Never heard of Crisis of Conscience. Will look it up this afternoon. Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

Wasanelder Once

Sometimes it seems as if the people in the congregation are like the Weeping Angels, every time you blink or turn around they seem to come closer to sending you away.
    LOL! Oh how true! Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck.
  • jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Welcome aboard Doctor..................

your

my second favourite tv character.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    ...and yours is my second! Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated! We are the witness....opps I mean Borg.
  • Ding
    Ding
    Welcome!
  • Cadellin
    Cadellin
    If you've never heard of CofC, you're in for a major treat. It's a beautifully written memoir by a former GB member who himself woke up to the hypocrisy of the organization. No bitterness, slander, lies or name-calling, unlike the WT who doesn't mind using slanderous labels for anyone who disagrees. It's a must-read for anyone making the journey out.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum Doctor Who

There seems to be a drawing shortage of people in congregations of people who want a position as a MS or Elder.

My father for example was just made a MS and he's 82 ???

As for recognizing someone who is little less the chaste and socially wholesome as an elder or MS, is not surprising.

I found many of these people (elders) womanizers , adulteraters and so on.

Seems that a superficially pretentious religion attracts superficiality pretentious people and they act accordingly.

There is always those who will use a white sheet of righteousness over themselves to act out their desires, albeit irregardless how detrimental to those around them or unto themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit