Just woke up

by Doctor Who 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• done4good
    done4good

never a jw

Forgive me for being curious, you are 44, you are in the U.S., you have a degree, not married, just woke up, never heard of C of C. Your story is rather puzzling. Is it possible to provide the missing pieces of information to complement the known information and create a coherent narrative.

9 years ago: I was 33, In the US, had a degree, not married, just woke up, never heard of C of C. Why is this puzzling? Methinks sometimes there is way too much paranoia around here.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome Doctor Who and glad you have surfaced and can drink in the pure air of reality.

Surely very few Jdubs know about CofC otherwise they would be out also? Perhaps we are missing a trick here...all JWs should be acquainted with Saint Ray Franz's masterwork! So how do they get to know of it?

• cofty
    cofty
    Welcome Dr Who.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    never a jw

Welcome Doctor,

Forgive me for being curious, you are 44, you are in the U.S., you have a degree, not married, just woke up, never heard of C of C. Your story is rather puzzling. Is it possible to provide the missing pieces of information to complement the known information and create a coherent narrative.

Thank you for the greeting! I would be honored to try to clarify some of my history! Since your name is "never a jw" you are probably not aware, or at least intimately aware of the control that is exerted by the organization. Everything you do from sun up to sun down is 'supposed' to be for Jehovah (actually for the org, but that is a long story.) When I was at school, I was under the constant pressure to not conform with the 'worldly people.' I stayed at home the whole time and commuted to and from school. My mother, who was a zealous pioneer, was very disappointed in me for going. She constantly hounded me to drop out but I was determined to get my education (civil engineering.) Since I was raised from a child in the "truth", I tried to associate only with the friends. Believe me it was hard. Most people at my school probably thought I was crazy, weird, or just plain nuts. I would carry the WT with me to prove to my mom that I was still a good JW. That pretty much kept most from talking to me. I also put extra effort to be in service and do as much as I could in the congregation to, for a lack of a better word, atone for seeking secular education. I even put in auxiliary pioneer hours for many months to prove my spirituality to my own distress. That's when I started to have anxiety issues and panic attacks. Believe me, I had no time to even think or look for counter JW thoughts or writings. I must confess in the last few months I have heard of some, and please excuse me for using this term (I do not mean it in a pejorative) apostate writings. Who wrote what, when, and why is just coming together for me. It is actually quite overwhelming.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

done4good

9 years ago: I was 33, In the US, had a degree, not married, just woke up, never heard of C of C. Why is this puzzling? Methinks sometimes there is way too much paranoia around here.

Thank You sir! I didn't take his post as an attack but just disbelief. You as I know of the control used on the rank and file. It must be puzzling to those on the outside why people just don't research and leave. Heck, it was just 1 short year ago that the internet went from Satan's playground to untapped territory to witness in.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Doc Who!

There are a lot of great sites like jwfacts.com to discover TTATT.

C of C is a very good book it's out of print now and I don't think the WT and the JW's dwell on it........ a lot of years have past.

I will recommend The True Believer by Eric Hoffer which came out in 1950. It's not about the JW's or WTBTS, he never mentions them, it's about mass movements and how they manipulate their followers.

You can Google Hoffer and his book and briefly read his thoughts on mass movements. Without realizing it he totaly deconstructs the Society.

• cappytan
    cappytan

I had never heard of Crisis of Conscience before I started to wake up.

I had heard of Ray Franz. Everyone said he was an apostate and that he wrote the Commentary on James and that's why it was out of print now. (Imagine my chuckle when I found out it was actually another apostate, Dunlap, who wrote it.)

• Miles
    Miles
    Hello Doctor, nice to see another civil engineer here.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Doctor Who - "... I guess the 'un'Holy Spirit doesn't care when you come from a 'good' family..."

When the pool of "qualified" brothers gets smaller and smaller (from burn-out, apathy, or simply dwindling attendance), casting the net into dirtier waters becomes unavoidable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit