Most annoying Kingdom song

by Billzfan23 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Cellist
    Cellist

There were a couple of songs about the youth that I absolutely hated!!!! They seemed to be played at every other meeting. I made sure that our songbooks went in the garbage when we quit.

Cellist

• FireNBandits
    FireNBandits

"We THANK you JE-ho-VAH for YOUR ac-tive FORCE!"

Try new and improved ACTIVE FORCE! Get's out even the greasiest most stubborn stains! Dirt, grime, the blood of martyrs! Try new and improved ACTIVE FORCE today!

• new boy
    new boy

When I was self righteous I like # 88 "In my integrity"

Years later........I made up my own lyrics.................My Wife hated it even though she would be busting up at the time. ..................Firm and determend in this time of the hen.

• knock knock
    knock knock

Perhaps someone might help me out here. Was there one of the sing alongs with the lyric - meek and mild is the witness child - or was that merely a general slogan tossed about at young lads to help emasculate them? I say it was in a jw song, my brother says he doesn't think so. Who's correct?

I cannot remember ever once attempting to sing along. I don't sing - although neither do they! But ALL those depressing songs. Sheesh! Anyone here that says they actually liked any of the songs must surely mean that relative to all the really horrible ones.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

I am fortunate enough to have forgotten most of the songs.

I occasionally think of those I was once touched by.

I never think about those I detested, but I do vaguely remember that some reminded me of a funeral dirge.

Reading this thread, however, one stands out- the one about bees molested, beating them off. LMAO! I remember that now.

I also remember one that me and my siblings used to laugh at, and mock:

Move ahead, move ahead...

We used to push each other's head with our hands while we were singing that- brings a smile to my face as I think about it now.

BA- Ramble on.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

what a great thread! It has been so long since I attended a meeting I really don't remember the songs but your posts have brought some of them back. I liked singing so it was the only part of the meeting where I had any fun. The songs were mostly very banal, the music pedestrian. I went to a convention at the Rose Bowl once with the CO and his wife. We had dinner afterward with a man who was a composer in Hollywood, but also wrote music for the JWs and had something to do with making a record of Jw songs - don't remember much of the details, just that it was a fabulous meal (evidently the 'brother' made a lot of $$$ in the movies) such as I had never had before, and he griped the whole time about homosexuals running Hollywood.

I also remember a different CO whose wife had been a performer in Las Vegas. She wouldn't talk much about it, except for a couple of funny jokes, but it was great to hear her singing at the meetings - a very pretty voice.

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

they played Shulamite Remanent at my wedding

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Was there one of the sing alongs with the lyric - meek and mild is the witness child?

Knock, Knock -- there was a song called "Praise Jehovah During Youth"

It started something like:

Out of the mouths of babes God once brought praise

They to hail Jesus their voices did raise....

Later it says:

Yes even babes can their God magnify

Join with their elders and him sanctify.

That's the closest I one I could think of. It sounds like a wonderful endorsement of free child labor on the part of the Watchtower Society. (Spoken as one who trudged door to door carrying Watchtower and Asleep magazines every Saturday morning since about age 6 or 7.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

looking at the other side of the coin, do you have favorite religious songs that aren't JW songs? For instance, I like many christmas songs like O Holy Night, and I love How Great Thou Art, and I have two cds that are just Ave Maria - one is a bunch of different singers singing a couple of versions of Ave Maria and the other is Ave Maria by different composers. I don't believe in any religion, but you can't deny that believers have produced some lovely music over the centuries. Modern religious music isn't much, as witness Christian rock and JW music.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"From House to House, from door to door, Jehovah's word we spread. . ." AAARRRRGGGH, what moron wrote these alleged songs? Were ALL the songs as lame as I am remembering? "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fearlessness" HAH, what tripe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit