Most annoying Kingdom song

by Billzfan23 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

OMG!!!! That's the very song I started humming when I read the title of your thread. I guess we think alike billzfan23.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Fear not those who kill the body, but cannot destroy the soul.
    Faithful to the end continue, I will help you reach your goal.
    :(
    Creepy song and, creepy that I remember that.

• Mary
    Mary
    White Dove said: Mary, I must respect the one you mentioned, because it was written in a concentration camp and anyone who defied Hitler should be respected no matter their motives.

You're kidding?! I didn't realize it was written then.....okay, forget that one......I always hated singing "Loyal Love....God is love", just because the music itself was so depressing.

• Mincan
    Mincan

Hell I still have all the Kingdom Melodies on CD, the orchestrated versions, and the one CD "Sing Praises to Jehovah" or whatever that has some selections with "professional" singers on it. I'll probably never listen to them again, hell I can count the times I listened to them on one hand. I like classical music and I thought I would like these versions but they suck monkey balls. They are terribly clichéd and unoriginal, with no dynamicism whatsoever.

I hate them all now!

• Kaput
    Kaput

This one reeeeaaallly used to burn my buns...The Bible's Hope for Mankind

• jelcat8224
    jelcat8224

This is a great thread!! I have laughed the whole way through! I aways hated ANY of those songs where they would assign the sisters and brothers different parts. There was one Elder in my hall who was obsessed woth doing that and sometimes he would just assign alternate verses to the brothers and sisters and then we would all sing the courus together!!! It was torture!! Pure torture, I tell you!!!

"We Must Have The Faith" was one of those that felt like two different songs too, like the "Dark Days Are here" song. The verses were slow and in a lower octave and then the chorus would come in and everyone would sound like chipmunks on fast forward!! "we must have the hope that the bible does provide. We must have this faith if this world we will survive." ARGH!!!!!

"Loving Shepherds Tend God's 'Sheep'": "They expend themselves in service, helping all God's truth to learn" WHAT!?!?!?! An elder in service!?!?! who are they trying to kid???

• Kaput
    Kaput

Hey jelcat! I think we're on the same wavelength! Click on my link to bring back those good ol' days of gagging!

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

"From house to house, from door to door, Jehovah's word we spread.." BLECH!!!!!!

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

I never liked any of the new songs from the Sing Praises released in 1984(!) songbook....I preferred the pink songbook....deluxe edition... with the gold edged paper...Songs 1 through 119......That's it....only 119 songs to choose from. But, of course some songs were used more than others....After the Sing Praises songbook was released, there was too many new songs to learn, and I thought that most of them sucked.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Wasn't "Fear them Not" the one that was written in a concentration camp? Maybe they both were....I didn't know about "Forward you Witnesses".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit