Most annoying Kingdom song

by Billzfan23 73 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Oh its there! I wish that I could get these songs out of my head. I guess with time....

tsof

***Ssbsong125"JehovahIsonMySide"***

I know that in this crucial hour

My faith will yet be tested.

Around me swarms the Devil’s crowd

Like bees that were molested.

But I can ever beat them off

Beneath divine protection.

On those who love to bear his name,

God sets his deep affection.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Amber Rose,

That one is Our Christian Unity: How happy to see brothers all dwell in unimindedness...No molesting bees. I've sung them all since 1968 and no bees have bothered anyone. Maybe something like as bees to honey???

Someone please tell me the title or number for that one. That one sounds funny! I may have missed it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Truthsetfree,

I regret that I threw away my song book along with everything JW related in December of last year while cleaning the house for a Christmas dinner party with REAL friends I wonder what the melody was.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Like someone said earlier, 'We're Jehovah's Witnesses" -- they talk about speaking out in fearlessness. Most JW's don't even like the door-to-door ministry.

I also thought the song about Jehovah's Large Army of Women (who tell the good news) was condescending and annoying.

My favorite lyrics to any kingdom song are in "Be Forgiving". I really wish it was practiced more by those who sing it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Hahahahaha!!! You agreed to beat the bees off! I wished I could remember. I need to read a WT again from my/our new perspective and get a laugh and get disgusted all over again. It makes their wrongness more real to me. Yeah, departure issues... Not liking the songs will be a very new experience for me as they bring back memories of (besides beautiful orchestrated music) getting the feeling back into my legs, again, stretching and waking up. I'm trying to expose myself to more and more things that prove them wrong.

• Nowman
    Nowman

"From house to house, from door to door, Jehovahs word blah blah..."

"He says use the rod" was one of the lines, my mom would always look at me during this part....

Nikki

• rowan
    rowan

the one that says something among the lines of "watch how we walk, watch how we talk". ggggrrrrrrrr. idiotic.

• Tristram
    Tristram

Most of the songs out of the old pink songbook were okay, except the really slow ones ("Balsam in Gilead" anyone?) A lot of them were adapted from older hymns, which made them enjoyable to sing.

Such interesting musical attributes as meter, harmony, tonality, etc. were evidently not necessary qualifications for most of the batch of new songs in the brown songbook.

In fact, I have it on good authority that most of the newer songs lyrics weren't written by musicians at all, but rather by guys given a job to address some certain aspect of JW theology. They then set pen to paper with a rhyming dictionary at hand.

• Sasha
    Sasha

I never really minded the lyrics;they were,after all, Bible based. But the MELODYS. CORNY and boring. Whoever wrote the music part was just awful! Funny, sang 'um since '67. just dropped out last year, and can hardly recall any of them. But that could be alzheimers!

• forsharry
    forsharry

Loyal submission in recognition

this to our god we owe.

we give attention, tender affection

loyalty to him we show.

blah blah blah.

all of them but this is the chorus that automatically comes to my head if i think kingdom melodies...oh wait, here comes another one

as the last days move along to the end,

wisely in service ourselves we expend

firm and unmoveable we want to be

serving our god faithfully....steadfast we all need to be, far from this world we keep free, as we feed on god's truth and something integrity.

::gouges out my own eyes::

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit