Most annoying Kingdom song

by Billzfan23 73 Replies latest jw friends

• M.J.
    M.J.

The one sung this past sunday. Something about unity. I noticed it was #213. I didn't pay much attention to most of the lyrics but one line said something about everyone thinking the same. Creepy.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Being as 1) nobody could carry a tune if it was in a bucket hanging off their arm 2) the Kingdom Orchestra was just as bad as the honky tonk senile piano player we had doing the songs in the mid 80s or B) the guy running the tape deck was clueless and usually had the wrong song cued up or... God I hated 99% of em. I walked down the aisle in my wedding to We Love You Jehovah...what the F---was I thinking??? There was a song that was two pages wide and about 4 verses long 131 or 181 or something...but it was INTERMINABLE. shit it was long, boring, unmelodic and one week, since it was then the speakers job to assign us songs that went with his talk subject, we ended up singing that damn song TWICE IN ONE DAY because unbeknownst to the poor guy we had it at the beginning of the Watchtower Study as well.

I told him I was very close to murdering him and he apologized profusely for torturing us like that. :)

Also...did you ever wonder how people who had no clothes, food, water or warmth managed to have pencil and paper in the concentration camps to write songs?

um....no

• LovesDubs
  • Rayvin
    Rayvin

"Out of the mouths of babes God once brought praise , They to hail Jesus thier voices did raise."

Reminding me how they start brainwashing as such a young age.

• Dagney
    Dagney

**sigh**

The one that had the word "succor" in it that nobody would say.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Sir82,

They never had that one. That must have come from another religious book.

Oh believe me, it's in the JW song book. It's not sung very often, but it induces cringes every time.

Somebody back me up here - you know what I mean, right? "bees that were molested"?

OK this has already been confirmed but I remember this song too. We kids would all stifle laughter like kids do. It was embarrassing really. Was this one already mentioned: This is Jehovah's Day! (Come Rejoice) His People Here Shall Stay! (Be Glad) Let Every Living Thing (Leap for Joy) Praises to God now bring and sing: To you, our God, we owe our salvation, and to Christ Jesus who's now our king! That was one that the brothers would sing the one part and the sisters would sing the part in parentheses. UGH.

• Kudra
    Kudra

What about the ones that use an apostrophe to cut the middle syllable or so out of the word to make it fit the verse?

like... o'erthrow instead of overthrow.

3 syllables for the price of 2!!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    What about the ones that use an apostrophe to cut the middle syllable or so out of the word to make it fit the verse?

like... o'erthrow instead of overthrow.

3 syllables for the price of 2!!

I've seen it done before...it's no big thing. Think about singing in Spanish, or another language, where they have to combine two syllables for one note? I have the inkling that all these songs were written for English words.

• Workman
    Workman

Mine has to be the one about the light getting brighter, partly because of the sentiments, partly because it was rubbish, but mostly because it was a two page four verser that they would always assign at the end of the *&%$^#$ three hour Saturday afternoon session of the DC when you just want to get the heck out of there.

• EnlightenedMind
    EnlightenedMind

I LOVE this thread! lol It's been so long that I can't even think of any on my own, but this thread really brings it back!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit