I went to the Memorial.

by RichieRich 97 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I guess I wasn't refering to this post only, but what I have read and observed by his actions!! I just thought it might be a good idea to see someone to help him in dealing with his emotions!

I do post most all of my feelings pertaining to the Witnesses here, so i can understand you seeing that anger there, because it is present. But how do my actions show anger?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    The woman that is your mother could have aborted
    you, dump you out in the street, or could have
    given you up to an adoption agency.

Dear The Wanderer

That woman that is my mother did dump me out in the street. She sees me on the street, she crosses it to avoid contamination. I do forgive her. She does not forgive me. Like Richie's mother does not forgive him for forsaking the religion and is punishing him by saying she will never have contact with him again.

Criminals go boo hoo in the dock all the time - its sometimes real emotion they feel, but THEY ARE STILL IN THE WRONG. Richie's mother being sad because she is confronted with the presence of her son who she has rejected just doesn't make me feel more than mildly sorry for her, along with the mild contempt that she would shun her only son.

Respectfully

Crumpet

• rebel8
    rebel8

"The woman that is your mother, fed, educated,
    clothed, and tried to do her very best in the
    way she saw fit."

True in some cases, not all.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Crumpet:

I see your point, but RichieRich and I kind of see eye
    to eye regarding this subject.

Notice his quote:

"Very true, the Wanderer. In the scope of things, I lived a decent childhood. My mommy always hugged me, and Daddy never threw me through a wall. But does that mean that the effect of being raised in this religion wasn't severe."

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• frozen one
    frozen one

As always, Rich, an interesting tale.

I'm curious, is your father around? I'm too lazy to go through all the threads looking for the answer. Was your dad at the hall last night and if so how did he react? The sister you pierced wasn't at the hall also, was she? That would have been too funny if you had run into her.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Okay I'll just agree that we don't perceive this the same way.

I hope you enjoy a good relationship with your mother nevertheless and never have to try to comprehend what it is to be abandoned by your mother as soon as she desptached her legal duties.

• Soledad
    Soledad

Hi Rich. What a night for you. Thanks for sharing what happened.

Your mom is a lot like my mom. She needs to exert authority and control over her kids and does it with religion. She also likes having an audience and getting sympathy from others, hence the tears. Your attendance and brief exchange of words with her will unfortunately make her dig her heels in deeper into this cult, I know from experience. Furthermore, any others who were for a mere moment looking to make an escape will be set back at the sight of your mom in tears at this memorial. Some parents really really know how to play that emotional blackmail card with the utmost precision and perfection. No disrespect intendend towards you and all the other parents and children trapped in this cult, but I don't believe for a second that your mom didn't know what she was doing.

Now that being said, I found what you said earlier about "reintroducing" yourself as your own person very interesting. Why would you want to re-introduce yourself into this cult? You don't have to reply if you don't want. I just hope you take some time to "mull" over this experience. Dont be surprised if you find yourself remembering some things and reacting to it. It's part of the healing I guess. Love to you as always.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Crumpet:

No, I do not know what it is to be abandoned by my
    mother that is true. My father left when I was 11
    years of age though.

No hard feelings Crumpet, we probably have more
    in common then what you think.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Why would you want to re-introduce yourself into this cult?

The last time those people saw me on their turf was at the memorial last year. I was dressed like a good little JW, and I was one of the crowd.

So since so much has changed, I felt it necessary to go back in there as a new person.

And that sealed the deal for me. It was the same thing it always was, just a building full of hypocrites. Why worry about it.

I'll never have to go back again, but it was nice to go back in, especially knowing that I would make some waves.

Which, for the record, I've recieved a few phone calls today from my contacts who are still witnesses, and were present at the memorial. Word on the street is, I'm living a good life, with a pretty girl, and doing what I want to.

It's exactly the message i wanted to convey.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Excellent !- Ritchie... The congo won't care either way ,but if it gave closure to you, then surely it was the right thing to do. Your girlfriend was very brave, seems to be good'un..

There's a sister sitting at the end of one of the aisles who has some serious problems. I used to always find her and give her a hug everytime she was at the meeting. We make eye contact, and I wink. She puts a big beaming smile on her face, and does a little wave.

Yes ,'sisters' like her exist the world over - little people with big hearts and the capacity to love and use common sense rather than rules. They are the stars of the congregation.

I attended too, but it is no big deal because I often go to meetings to accompany a sickly wife. Ours was boring too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit