I went to the Memorial.

by RichieRich 97 Replies latest jw friends

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I love your mothers words, "it was YOUR choice." I think your Mom and my Mom are clones.

Richie you are a very brave man, and I commend you for that. It sounds to me like you have a very special girlfriend, take care of her bro! Speaking to you as a man who has suffered for years with a similar mother let me say this....your mother loves you very deeply, but will probably never be able to fully accept you. You strike me as a highly intelligent person, take advantage of it! Get your degree, live a successful life. The best revenge is living well.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

FYI, I just got off the phone with my father, and we talked for a solid 30 minutes, yet he made no mention of my mother even mentioning that I had came to the memorial.

Maybe it was all dramatics??

• Bryan
    Bryan

Good for you Richy. And I'm really happy you have a great loving support through this time. Sounds like your mother got her feathers a little ruffled seeing you with another woman; trying to claim you after not seeing you for almost a year.

Best,

Bryan

• gymbob
    gymbob

Richie

I just read your post at the request of my husband. He is the ex JW I have never been a JW but I am affected daily by their actions. His parents have shunned him for years now. When he hurts it hurts me.

I guess my need to post comes more from my experience as a mother more than anything. Your mother crys because no matter how screwed up her beliefs are she does love you. You just have to look at her as some one who is mentally ill or an alcoholic and just cant see think rationally. It much easier to forgive if you think of her like that. Your own heart can soften and your hurt maybe less if you view her that way. Just a thought

I think this web site is awesone. You are all so supportive of each other. I for one am thankful you are here.

Thanks everyone for someone who loves an exJW

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Richie, I'm so very proud of you and I'm amazed at you for how brave and independent and amazing you are. Don't ever compromise who YOU are. You are incredible!!

Love, your big sister from the Midwest (but Please you and Erika come visit me in Cali sometime, Sweetie!),

GGBG

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT

Hi, Ritchie...

I haven't been over here much this last year, but I remember you well.

Just wanted to let you know that your story brought tears to my eyes just now.

I've been out for 18 yrs now, and my mom has finally given up on me I think... but I still remember how painful it was the first few years dealing with this stuff.

((((((((((Ritchie)))))))))) Hang in there, Sweetie...

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

Richie, well done. For someone so young you have a remarkably level head on you.

What surprises me is the amount of people whining about you upsetting your mother. The woman has treated you appallingly and certainly deserves a hell of alot more than a minor upset; she has decided to act in the way she has, she has brought your reaction upon herself. Those blaming Richie for upsetting the woman are tacitly supporting her mistreatment of her son, you're job as a parent is to support your children and love them COME WHAT MAY and that does not mean you only love them so long as they do what your f**ked up religion says is right.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

You handled yourself well, Richie. Crumpet gave a good summary about the Watchtower religion most of us have left and why:

..... an organisation:

• that tacitly approves the molesting of small children,
    • that openly advocates death rather than medical treatment that involves blood,
    • that twists scripture indecently to its own manipulative ends,
    • that is so fearful the flock will get an inkling of how wrong they are that they restrict use of research through the internet
    • that shuts down websites that repeats what it says because its history is so damning it cannot stand up to daylight scrutiny
    • that literally tears families apart
    • causes countless suicides from those who have been tested beyond what they can bear by their so called brothers
    • that does not practice what it preaches
    • that distorts the meaning of love into parody

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit