"You'll never even get to finish school in this System of Things....."

by WingCommander 59 Replies latest jw experiences

• rowan
    rowan

was told that when I entered primary, secondary and university.

here I am, thankful that my parents had the good sense to allow and support my education. It's funny, when I first started going to university in pursue of a degree that took many years to obtain and that would seemengly be useless in the new order, I was looked down and mocked because of my choice. "why are you spending your time studing this? you will not even finish... in the new order we will not need your skills" blah blah.

gee, I look back, and think, at least I am not struggling right now with my basic groceries budget, like some of them are. and what irkes me to no end is not their poor choice, but their arrogance and efforts to impose that to everybody.

Rowan

• geevee
    geevee

Ditto to it all......aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh

• rowan
    rowan

Hellrider,

I am not a hypocondriac, but I suffer from everything else you pointed out. My husband gets worried because I am thinking about death all the time. well, when I was a little girl I used to fantasize that Armaggedon would come when I was at the school building and how Jehovah would protect me from the wreck. and then I got into my teenage years and started worrying because I didn't measure up. that Jehovah was going to kill me in a horrible way was a constant presence in my mind. yeah, no wonder I tend to always think the worst about things.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm feeling like I missed out on going to real school, not just community college. That's why I've made a goal to learn about grants, funding, and how I can make it work. Because where I live, if you're not above the rest, you're starving...

And I am too smart to starve.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold: 'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way towards its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God's prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling… True, those who do not understand where we are in the stream of time from God's viewpoint will call this impractical. But which is really practical: preparing yourself for a position in this world that soon will pass away? Or working toward surviving this system's end and enjoying eternal life in God's righteous new order? Awake! May 22 1969
    Thanks Darth Yhwh!

Wasn't Freddy Franz full of it? You up there Freddy? WTF!? Thanks alot pal!

Nvr

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I heard the same thing at home and at the Kingdom Hall. When I started first grade in 1950 I was told I'd never go to high school. Then I was told I'd never get married and have children in this old world. Of course, I'm 62 and a grandparent now.

This is exactly me. I started school in 1950.

When I had my first baby in 1963, I just KNEW he would never go to school in this system. Now he has 3 sons, 12, 6 and 2.

I had 3 more children who all went to school, and 6 more grandkids. All grandkids, but the babies are in school now.

• Marcel
    Marcel

my parents didnt really discourage me to go to school or college (but neither they courages me - so i didnt go to college... even with my good grades lol), BUT
    i remember my mum telling me over and over again when i was like 5 that she doesnt think i would see highschool in this system and it seems like a fact to her that i would never go to work. but here i am awaiting the big 30 with my wife and my job.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I remember my mother scaring the shite out of me when I must have been about seven, going on about the foolish girls in our congregation getting married and having children so close to Armageddon. ' Woe to the suckling babe' ....blah blah.

I recently put it to her that those babes are, now, way past suckling babes themselves....

She denied saying any such thing, but her eyes told another story.

Cheers

Chris

• FairMind
    FairMind

I remember being told this about my kids, that they would not finish school in this system of things. Now my oldest grandkids will graduate frim HS soon. One of my grandsons is even talking about college.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Started high school in the autum of '75. Seems like in '73 or so we were told not to book any plane tickets after October cause it would be EVE's 6000 birthday.

I let some grades slip the first 6 weeks.... my dad (an elder at the time) told me to buck up. Smart man.

My boys in college.

~Hill (retirment in a few years class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit