"Watchtower" is a term from witchcraft NOT Scripture

by FuzzyPaul 86 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kaput
    Kaput
    It is the fact that I was raised in a Religion that never told me of its origins and when I was offered to become a Mason I chose not to as I thought it would be incompatible with Christainity.

I thought YOU have to ask THEM.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    As has been stated, the pyramid is not actually a Masonic symbol

• morning glory
    morning glory

Lt,you said

"The Crown with a Cross at an angle, like that, is also used by other Christian organisations that have no Masonic connection. This is my whole point. The symbol is not exclusively Masonic"

It may be true that some more recent religious organizations do use the cross and crown symbol. However,it could be asked,"Do they also incorporate other symbols that are Masonic symbols? If CT Russell had used the cross and crown as his only symbol,the connection would not be so powerful. However,the truth is that he also used the pyramid,the winged sun-disk,the two pillars of Solomon in his invitation to the Photo Drama of Creation,the knight in armour,(all Masonic symbols)as well as language common to Masonry.Truthseekers might find all this more than just coincidence!

Morning Glory

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Daystar:Aye. There's none so blind...

MG:Let's see just how good a researcher you really are, and see if you can avoid the title"lazy".

However,the truth is that he also used the pyramid,the winged sun-disk,the two pillars of Solomon in his invitation to the Photo Drama of Creation,the knight in

I've already demonstrated that one symbols is clearly not exclusively Masonic. I'd further state that none of those symbols are exclusively Masonic and in fact some of them have little to do with Masonry at all.

If you are genuinely interested in spreading more than unsubstantiated rumours you'll look into the rabbit hole and come up with an organisation that DOES use most of those symbols. Then you might be able to identify some of Russell's occult influences. This may further help you to understand why he never uses the Masonic "square and compass" symbol, since you've been pinning the wrong fraternity on him.

Incidentally, while he might have liked the look of the artwork as something mysterious and quasi-spiritual, was he the artist himself? You might also like to follow that line of enquiry.

Finally, you might ask yourself; if he isn't a Mason what purpose is served by painting him with that brush? Could it be because the Freemasons are a well-known society and easier to provoke an ignorant reaction towards than an obscure occult group?

• daystar
    daystar
    However,the truth is that he also used the pyramid,the winged sun-disk,the two pillars of Solomon in his invitation to the Photo Drama of Creation,the knight in armour,(all Masonic symbols)as well as language common to Masonry.

The OTO (caliphate et al) also use all of those symbols and are not recognized as Masonic Orders. In fact, none of those symbols are unheard of in just about all the Western occult orders, Masonic or otherwise. The two pillars (as well as the third), for example, also have a good deal of symbolic meaning to Jewish cabbalists, as they relate to the Tree of Life.

The Masons are a specific set of Orders, Scottish Rite, Knights Templar, etc. And the symbols they use are not copyrighted by them. *sigh* You simply cannot use what you are trying to use as proof of any sort that Russell was a Mason, per se. That he had some at least cursory interest in things occult and in things "Masonic" in nature, there is no doubt in my mind. But having an interest in, and being one, are two very different things.

As far as him being one, but the Masons, etc. hiding the fact? Why should they? The Masons are not exactly known for hiding their more popular members. Joseph Smith Jr., who created the Mormon religion, is openly known to have been a Master Mason, for example. (One Mason's list of famous Masons here. Note that he doesn't list Smith.)

Perhaps you should set aside your preconceived idea that Russell was a Mason and ask yourself "What if he wasn't a Mason? He seems to have had some interest in the occult though. Was he a member of another order? Just where did he get his ideas then?" as LT suggested.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    You simply cannot use what you are trying to use as proof of any sort that Russell was a Mason, per se. That he had some at least cursory interest in things occult and in things "Masonic" in nature, there is no doubt in my mind. But having an interest in, and being one, are two very different things.

Ditto to daystar and LT!

• Calebs Airplane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit