This morning my wife informs me that...

by xjwms 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You don't have to answer the door. It's not rocket science.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    You don't have to answer the door. It's not rocket science.

I don't think its a matter of rocket science and answering (or not answering) a door. It is a matter of the CONTROL the WTS has over you....and the AMOUNT OF control you are willing to allow them to take that we wrestle with.

• blondie
    blondie

But his wife could answer the door and let this JW in...which is also not rocket science.

xjwms, just call this guy and tell him not to come over, that you've got it covered. You have a lot of projects; I can imagine you have one that could use some tweaking.

Blondie

• carla
    carla

Blondie, I think his wife will be in service so she won't be there, with the dubs instead!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    But his wife could answer the door and let this JW in...which is also not rocket science.

My father did that to me once, many years ago. My words to him were, "You let them in so you talk to them. I'm busy." And I walked away. There's no reason why one person should feel a sense of obligation because of the actions of another.

W

• Undecided
    Undecided

When they come by just bring up a question that they can't answer. One I used was, what is your heart that God judges you by? How is it developed, by your genetics, your enviornment, how you were raised? What is this heart? Is it your brain and the chemicals that control how you feel emotionally? Can you chose to have a good heart or is it just by chance?

It wasn't answered for me by them and they were ready to go pretty soon.

Ken P.

• ajwnm
    ajwnm

Matt 10:32 ¶ "Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.
    Matt 10:33 "But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.
    Matt 10:34 ¶ "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.
    Matt 10:35 "For I came to SET A MAN AGAINST HIS FATHER, AND A DAUGHTER AGAINST HER MOTHER, AND A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW AGAINST HER MOTHER-IN-LAW;
    Matt 10:36 and A MAN'S ENEMIES WILL BE THE MEMBERS OF HIS HOUSEHOLD.
    Matt 10:37 ¶ "He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

• new boy
    new boy

If you do have to talk to him.......Thank him for coming by after all these YEARS, to finding see how your doing........that you were just thinking that no body really did give a shit..except one time a year.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I guess I will be very careful, I almost expect a visit on Saturday morning.... just when She's out in field service. (thanks a lot)

By now it has likely happened. But if not - why not slip out for a cup of coffee and miss the bloak?

Jeff

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Do what's right for yourself and your family. Part of the amazing freedom of not being a Hoho is the saying of what's true, esp concerning one's own wants and likes, all while maintaining our tact and maturity.

They forget that part of the 'whatever' passage in Philippians: "whatever things are true. . ."

I hate them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit