This morning my wife informs me that...

by xjwms 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Sooooo, what happened?

I remember I just used to let them stand at the door, ringing, knocking, turning the knob. They knew I was there, sitting right in the living room with the TV on and chatting with my husband. I just did not get up to open the door. After several attempts they stopped coming by. And then we moved. It was perfect. What is it about us that makes us feel obligated to open our doors?

If you happen to see him at the Memorial and he mentions anything, just say, "Ahh, I was sitting naked in my living room and didn't feel like answering the door."

or

"Yeah, I heard the door bell and knocking but ya know ... I'm not a fan of uninvited guests. I think they're rude."

The down-side of the second answer is that then he could make an appointment with you. But you could always say, "I'll give you a call when it's a good time."

Don't let them pressure you. You're in charge of your own self. Remember that. Not even your wife is in charge of who you talk to or don't talk to. Don't even talk to your wife about it. If she asks or nags or begs or cries, Just tell her, "Come on over here you cute little thing. You know I love you, right? You're so cute when you're mad. Wanna go shopping?"

She can't stay that mad after those comments. And offering to go shopping with her will DEFINITELY earn you biggo points! You may have to suffer through it but at least it's with someone you actually like!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit