This morning my wife informs me that...

by xjwms 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You don't have to call anyone or offer any explanation to anyone. If someone comes to your door, just say, "I don't have time to talk today," and close the door. Do it as often as it takes. Sooner or later they will realize that they will never get any more than that out of you.

W

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Don't worry, pal, I'm not advocating one particular approach over another. I'm just stating that each course has its price to pay.

I wish you nothing but strength...

• gumby
    gumby
    I already decided to go to keep peace.

If you are not quite ready to face what's coming if you make it obvious you no longer are interested in being a witness, then personally I would do the above. I personally decided to keep peace, but not to give up on the idea of fading either. I'm taking it cautiously, slowly, and at my own pace and doing things to counter them when the opportunity makes itself available. I''m going this year because I want to be reminded of why I no longer wish to be a Jehovahs Witness and am using it as a learning experience. I plan to take mental notes of how far off base the society is at celebrating Jewsus death......then I plan on using what I see and experience by bringing up things discreetly. Don't feel you have to take a staunch stand in every scenario if you think it's going to bring you more grief than you can bare at this particular time.

Gumsneaky

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I agree with both LittleToe's posts.

You may not "be ready just yet" to assert yourself to take a stand....but it sure beats all the walking on eggshells never knowing what will happen or when a ball will drop into your court.

There is SUCH a great feeling of "I'm so DONE with this" and the feeling you have taken control over YOUR life.....that you do not have when fading. There are consequences for either choice, but IMHO the "getting it over" far outweighs the "lets see how far I can go without getting caught" scenario.

I am so glad I wrote DA the letter (to the Society and to the PO) and told them WHY I "no longer wanted to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses".

• carla
    carla

Don't answer the door. Be busy, away, in the shower, music very loud, anything just don't open the door. Have your cell phone ring your land line and tell him you must answer this long awaited call.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'd find something to do Saturday morning. Go to the library or something.

Kwin

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks everyone

This is truly a supportive group

Words cannot describe of how much I respect all of you........thank you.....ThanYou......THANK YOU

• choosing life
    choosing life

How anyone can say that this is not a cultish organization, amazes me. Just look at all the hoops you have to jump through so they don't carry through on their threats to detroy you and your family relationships.

Any normal group would just let you go on with your life and respect your decision to change your beliefs. This control issue they have is way out of line. Reminds me of the Pharisees and how they threw people out of the temple and basically out of society itself.

I wouldn't talk with them privately at all. And I would not reveal any private beliefs. It is not any of their business.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Do what I did.

Answer the door and tell them you don't live there anymore. You can play mind games too you know!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have been out of the organization now 8years and in all that time not one elder PO, CO or DO have ever showed themselves at my door and they all know where I live. I would love for one of them to show up at my door so I can tell them. No I will not be coming to the Memorial I will be celebrating it at church where I will partake of the wine and bread as I do twice a week.

Let me see what will happen if they do show up at my door.

Orangefatcat is a brat...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit