This morning my wife informs me that...

by xjwms 30 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

The PO is going to be contacting you, ... to invite you to the Memorial.

(Just when I wanted to get into a rage how no one gives a damn)

I have not been to a regular meeting in six years. I have way to much knowledge from this place, ... & Freeminds

that I wonder what would happen if I slip and say something I ought not.

I guess I will be very careful, I almost expect a visit on Saturday morning.... just when She's out in field service. (thanks a lot)

What do you guys think? I already decided to go to keep peace. I plan to keep it short... is that the best idea?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Did your wife already know you had decided to go the Memorial? If so, why didn't she just tell the PO that you're already coming so there's no need for a special call or visit?

• xjwms
    xjwms

Gopher

I think, (not really sure) that the PO said that wanted to contact me for the invite.

She just agreed

• blondie
    blondie

Why not just call and say that you will be there Tuesday night and have the detail from your wife and that there is no need to stop by. Obviously if he is coming to "invite" you and you are already coming, he must have something else he wants to say. Do you want to hear it?

Blondie (nothing I want to hear them say)

• BrentR
    BrentR

Don't play thier stupid ass mind games. Go somewhere or don't answer the door, keep tham as far away as possible and get on with your own life. They are no longer in charge of you and what you do.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I know if several cases (including mine) that the wifes actually asked the PO/CO to come and lamented that nobody cared about their spouses.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Blondie

You are right again. I should take control of this and stop it befores it starts.

Thanks

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

And that, my friend, is the downside of fading. You are never free while ever someone knows of your existence. Its a cost that some are willing to pay, but reminds me why I DAed.

• xjwms
    xjwms

BrentR Yeah they are no longer controling me, I have just so much to get done on saturday.

GermanXJW... I hope my wife did'nt ask for that visit .. I'd be all over that

LittleToe, ... I see the the wisdom in the DA I really do ... just not ready for that now. So far the fade has been working.

• Navigator
    Navigator

I got my invitation yesterday and I've never even been a witness. They finally got around to thanking me for a sizeable donation several years ago to build a new Kingdom Hall and used that as a reason for inviting me. I only gave the money because of my wife and because I honor her. Wonder how they would react if I decided to partake?" I was raised in the Discliples of Christ who take communion every Sunday and invite all believers regardless of denomination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit