What Sacrifices Did YOU Make For The "Truth"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LittleToe wrote my post for me..Except..He seems alot more Friggin cheerfull about it..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

uh, what did I sacrifice? . . . my childhood was sacrificed to the Watchtower Bible &Tract Society for me by my Jehovah's Witness parents . . . following in the Abrahamic tradition . . .

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Mostly, I feel as if I sacrificed ME on the Watchtower altar.

I sacrificed every summer vacation for 30 years with my husband, in order to scrimp and save from my household money to be able to afford the District Conventions far away from home with my kids.

I sacrificed the normal childhoods of my own children so that they could be doing as the men who run the Watchtower instructed me. We all know the drill.

I sacrificed some VERY close and dear friends because I was told they are bad association and I stopped having anything to do with them. Now that I am "out", they are dead and I can't make anything up to them.

I sacrificed my health to struggle with the hamster-wheel existence I was told was being pleasing to God and HIS requirements.

I sacrificed the feelings and ultimately the love and respect of relatives because of MY conduct and "boldly and fearlessly" bashing THEIR traditional holidays.

I sacrificed MUCH in all the years I spent pursuing the Watchtower's goals and interests, (learning how to place THEIR literature, going out TO place THEIR literature and attending THEIR meetings) when I could have taken the time to learn and develop many of my OWN interests and skills.

I was only "out" a few short years and was hit by two strokes that left my right side paralyzed. I can no longer paint, knit, crochet and do the woodwork and delicate crafts I long so much to do. My good years and my strengths went to the Watchtowergod.

My deepest sorrow in all this is that I was robbed of the joy in Christ all those years. The WTS has stolen Him from ALL JWs. Thankfully and most gratefully, I DO HAVE a second chance to know my Lord and Savior and to have the personal relationship WITH Him that I should have had a long time ago. He has always been there and was never far off from me. I just didn't realize this at the time.

It will all work out in the end, I am sure.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Happiness!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Ah - 'Those were the best years of my life' the rest of society sings about cuts your heart coz for you they were the coldest , unfeeling years of your life! Knowing the best parts of your whole life were torn from you and that it's impossible to revisit to repair. Leaves you with a crippled, disabled emotional history to carry into anything your trying to build from the ruin your feeling.

Thing I'm feeling more than anything is my constantly dripping wounds from being Crusoefied by the betraying kiss of the WTO!

They know the damage they do! They know what they're taking people into! They know the victims they offload by the roadside! They hide it from you disguised as love!

Every WT publication should carry government health warnings - 'Inhaling this material can kill!' - your heart and soul!

I don't think any of the WTO can appreciate the sincerity of the above. It truly ruins peoples lives and abandons them without any acceptance of responsibility for doing so. And knowing these destroyed souls exist, they continue to mislead others - not so much by their beliefs - but by hiding from them the known risks of 'a ruined life' they are inflicting on vulnerable sincere individuals!

The 'What will happen if you ever leave....?' scenarios that others have lived through.

All your sold is 'Good News' when they already know it's been the baadest news some people have ever had! If they were more open and honest about themselves, as they are about other world religions, I could empathise with them.

Knowing the 'Truth' about themselves could set others free before they ever got shackled!

It does feel like a cloak and dagger religion! When you feel the cold blade running through your heart you realise it's too late!

I find many of their beliefs rock solid! What ails me though is that I could never go door to door and pretend I was bringin' 'Good News' to folks whom I clearly knew may end up goin' through the pain I've been through. Havin' my love choked, suffocated and wrenched from my heart. If God is love then I sure got hoodwinked by this 'highly academic' approach to the after life! Hurt me so bad I can't function most days! Stolen happiness, joy and fun from livin' life! And knowing they knew this had happened to previous victims of theirs and didn't warn me is plain wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Sure, I lost my childhood because of Jehovah, but it could be worse. I could have been Jephthah's daughter and been given up as a burnt offering to Jehovah instead.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/131857/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit