What Sacrifices Did YOU Make For The "Truth"?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

anything special come to mind???

• Zico
    Zico

The evils of higher education.

• free2think
    free2think

I sacrificed my health. I wqas chronically ill already but then I reg pioneered and it was downhill from there. Still haven't recovered even years later.

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Like so many others, I sacrificed spending quality time with my family. Especially my "worldly" father, who I lost in 1996.

• minimus
    minimus

It seemed that only on Thursday nights did great singing groups come to the area. At least 3 times, I could've seen Prince but I had to set an example and not miss a meeting. In the 70s and 80s there were a number of times I could've seen a great group. I did get a fellow elder and his wife (and mine) to go see George Clinton and the Funkadelics.

• minimus
    minimus

SEX------- was GREATLY sacrificed for most JWS whether married or not.

• JH
    JH

I stopped thinking

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I have not built a foundation of genuine friends to get back to today because sharing the same experiences.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I pioneered for a year, the first year I was a dub and the only one that I was active but it was no good since the JWs weren't really welcoming and remained an impenetrable society to me so after that I became inactive. I thought it was a waste of time working for such an inhospitable lot, they were only sweet until you got baptised and then they suddenly become distant.

Also missed out on sex but that happens even for those practising in all mainstream religions. Sex before marriage is a big no no.

• Gill
    Gill

I realised a few years ago that I should have followed my heart. I would have been a really good doctor!!

However, I'm good at a lot of other things I do, and I have a great instinct for when people are ill and what is wrong with them and shove them in the direction of the surgery post haste.

I think in another life I was a medical person and I think I lost the chance to help a lot of people.

I have gained other benefits that I would not have had if I had been a doctor however, and for those, I am eternally grateful.

However, I wasted too many years on Watchtower Bull Shit!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit