worst week in my life

by Hortensia 52 Replies latest jw friends

• nsrn
    nsrn

Hortensia,

I have been hoping for an update and am so glad you are moving foreward and getting some answers, even if they aren't good ones. What a blessing you are safe, and not another headline! Hugs to you. I hope you have affectionate friends that can hold you in their arms and let you cry when you need to.

Have you considered keeping one of those guns for your own personal protection? Not trying to start a whole arguement about guns, but just hoping you are feeling strong and taking back control of your home.

One other thought about the guns--sell them to a legitimate dealer. They are a financial asset that you can use for attorney fees, etc. Don't just 'donate' them to the police (unless purchased illegally),

Sounds like the story line for a good Lifetime Network Movie!

I so admire your strength and compassion! Keep us updated!

Nancy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks again! Well, the first step for my husband is the examination by the court appointed doctor. As for the guns, I have to face the fact that if I aimed a gun at a burglar he would just come over and take it from me and use it on me, so I'm better off with a good alarm system and being really careful. I'm too much of a wimp. I kept searching through my husband's stuff to find all the weapons because the police say he has a lot more guns registered to his name than have been found so far. What I found was shocking - maybe I should have been a snoopier wife! I would have been in denial, I suppose, even if I did find all the guns. I tended to believe what he told me.

I really feel for anyone else in this sort of situation. I am lucky to have some good friends who have been very kind and helpful. I hope anyone else in this situation can get some help sooner than I did - and avoid the terrible scare.

It has been very nice to be able to post on this forum and have people respond so quickly and so compassionately. So, now, on to more cheerful topics!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Wow I am so glad that you are safe. Please call a Domestic Violence hotline in your community. They have free counseling, and many have support groups. It is very empowering to speak to others that have gone through very similar experiences. We are here for you.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit