worst week in my life

by Hortensia 52 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Oh, Hortensia, what a nightmare.That is horrible. I've never been through anything like that and can't even imagine. I hope you will accept any and all help that is available to you -Domestic Violence Organization, especially psychotherapy to help you cope. Please watch your back at all times. So sorry about your husband's condition, whatever it is. Take care, Flipper

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If only I could Hug you, let you know I care.

TERRIBLE! JUst remember that each dreadful second will end.

In a few years you will look back on this.

My father went into a psychopathic rage and tried to kill us. Mom barricaded us in the back bedroom, while he smashed up the house. He was committed to a mental hospital.

irony is that when he first threatened to kill us and my mother told the police, they said that until he did anything, they were powereless!!

I am crossing my fingers for you Honey.

HB

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Crap, Hort!!

So sorry, it sucks!! Be safe!!!

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

((((((((((((((((((((((( Hortensia )))))))))))))))))))))))

Call a women's shelter, Hon. You may not need to GO there...but they can offer all kinds of advice on how to best proceed from here...and be safe.

• hambeak
    hambeak

OMG that is awful my thoughts are with you take care dear and get away from the bastard

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks everyone for your kind words! I had trouble with my internet access last night so couldn't stay online. Seems to be working today. Everyone's advice is good - I changed the locks, have a good security system, and plan to move before he has a chance to get out - his future is either the mental hospital or jail anyway. Feeling stronger today. Tomorrow will try to get the police to clarify where he is so I can find out what is going on. However, have also filed for divorce because as much as I care for him, I think I would never again feel safe alone with him. It does remind me of my childhood, psychotic alcoholic father who tried to kill us on several occasions. Too drunk to succeed. I always said if it happened to me as an adult, I wouldn't stay around to give my husband a second crack at me. My mother stayed and we were abused for years - because the elders said he was her "head." My feelings are in a state of upheaval, but I am clear about one thing - my poor old husband isn't going to get a second crack at me.

One of you mentioned diabetes and my husband has diabetes, under control but advanced. I have been wondering how much that affected his mind - diabetes causes damage to all organs, not just the pancreas. Anyway, it was very nice to log on today and read everyone's messages. I am telling myself "one foot in front of the other", when I feel really depressed. But I also remembered Archie and Mehitabel, whenever something bad happened to Mehitabel (a cat, in case you aren't old enough to know what I am talking about) she would sing, "wotthehell, wotthehell, toujours gai I always say, there's life in the old girl yet."

someone else asked about what led up to my husband going crazy - he had been acting stressed and agitated for a while, which I attributed to his problem with kidney stones, a lot of pain, and that is what he would say when I asked him how he felt. But now that it is all over, people are telling me about crazy behavior going back some weeks.

I appreciate your advice and care. Thanks very much! I'm lucky too in that I have friends who are hanging out with me and helping me solve problems. Also, Jim's friend who went with me to check on him is a retired cop, so he made a point of creating a good relationship with the local police, and he is going to find out where my husband is and he will go to court for him and help him as much as he can. My husband has good friends too, and they aren't on the front line, so feel safer helping him.

I can tell just from writing this that I am more in control today - felt so desperate last night and so sad.

• free2beme
    free2beme
    my husband, a nice guy

If you still think this, after reading your account, then I think you might need to sit and talk to someone who is more professional then this website.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, yeah. I am going to make an appointment with a friend's counselor, someone who has helped her quite a bit. I think the woman is a psychiatrist. I have really big swings in my feelings and thoughts, and I still remember how much counseling helped me many years ago. My husband was a nice guy, he never hurt me before in 14 years of marriage. I don't know why he flipped out, may never know, but I can't be safe with him now, so...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If he was nice to you for fourteen years, have you thought of the possibility he might have something like a brain tumor or something else affecting his brain function? I have heard of brain tumors making people act out in crazy ways. At any rate, I want you to know that I care. My week has been terrible, too. Different problems, but very bad in their own way. Hugs.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You mentioned that he had problems with kidney stones. I'm just wondering if he has a kidney or urinary tract infection. I'm curious because when we had elderly patients that went wacko out of the blue, they were usually found to have some sort of UTI or dehydration. This sounds like it could be a possibility because people with kidney stones don't like to drink water (for obvious reasons) and he's at high risk for urinary tract infection because of the stones. What did he have done for the kidney stones? Does he still have one or more? Just wondering?

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, so I can't diagnose anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit