BEER THREAD

by nvrgnbk 403 Replies latest jw friends

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing
    CoolerKing, I like your style! I'll be calling you momentarily.

Thanks for the call NVR! I'm flying out tonight for Germany! LOL

Should be there in time for us to have a few tomorrow evening!!!

How do you say, "Another round bartender!", in German???

• heathen
    heathen

OMG -- almost missed a beer thread ................ Been drinking alot of heineken lately but do like amber bock and bud products , favorite import is Becks dark , salvadores makes a great wheat beer, guiness is good stuff new castle is very good from Britain. negra modello is pretty decent from mexico , Sam adams makes some good brew . I do tend to really like the dark ales these days or a good hops and barley malt ..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love beer .......

• delilah
    delilah
    Delilah its just outside of Chicago! So anytime you and your hubby want to come down its 2 minutes from my house!!

Okeedokee....my hubby used to go to Chicago every other day a couple years ago...Perhaps we'll have to make a special trip to the Windy City....

NVRGNBK.....it's worth the extra sheckels for awesome taste. I looked for Maudite today, but couldn't find it. I bought 24 bottles of J.R. Brickman Honey Red, and it is DEE-LISH.....I'll check out another beer store tonight for that Maudite. I can't wait to try it.

There was one time my husband and my brother made a home brewed cherry stout, and it was incredible. I heard tell, that there was a company who makes it. Anyone know about it? Is it Sam Adams?

And, has anyone tried the new Guinness Red yet? It looks interesting.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Wilkum DasCoolerKing!

See you tomorrow night.

Sorry you couldn't find the Maudite delilah. You will love it when you do, I promise.

Yes, Sam Adams makes a Cherry Wheat.

Cheers to Frank75 and BumbleBee.

Where you been hidin' Heathen? With those choices of yours, you'll fit in well on this thread.

I'm gonna go get a few Sierra Nevada IPAs.

• heathen
    heathen
    With those choices of yours, you'll fit in well on this thread.

Yah I've posted on many a beer thread . Have tried some new ones since such as negra modello , modello , salvadores , I love german beers . YAY I hear Russia was going to make some beer rather than vodka in order to save their population from dying of alcohol , haven't seen any yet , have yet to try some asian beers that I've heard are pretty good . May do that tonight now that I think of it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Heathen, I am impressed with your admiration of Paulaner's Salvator.

That is one fine quality brew my friend.

May you enjoy it in good health.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Brother Apostate mentioned Arrogant Bastard Ale a long time ago and I thought I'd jump in here and clink my pagan stein in a heavenward toast to BA's excellent taste in brew.

Also, if you haven't checked out the Arrogant Bastard label, it's worth clicking on here:

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/index2.html

It's a pretty funny read.

After that, I recommend graduating to Double Bastard here:

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/db2003/design/dbdesign1.gif

If you don't like bitter, stay away.

Prost!!!

Open Mind

p.s. Hey Nvr, sorry I took so long to join the party here. I wanted to post pictures but finally gave up and settled on links instead.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No worries Open mind. Better late than nvr.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Cheers!

You seem to have a "bastard" fixation. What's up with that?

• Open mind
    Open mind

First I loved the label. Then I bought some and loved the beer. Then the brew worked its magic on me and voila: I'm an Arrogant Bastard!!

Hope I can tip one back with you someday Nvr.

Open Mind

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hope I can tip one back with you someday Nvr.

You know it bro! It's a done deal!

If you like bitter( hoppy) check out Red Hook's ESB(Extra Strong Bitter).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit