A Morning on Mulberry Street (pro-JW cartoon)

by indoubt 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen
    Dear SirNose586, if people built with more fire-resistant materials, and were more careful, fires could be avoided. 2 Peter 3 speaks of a fire that the world won't be able to put out, even by the selfless firemen of which you speak. Fred, the witnesses have put out the fires of creativity and passion by insisting on conformity and rules which put people under a load too great to bear. The fires which they can't put out, are the fires of contention and disdain for those that do such horrible things. I think you need to reexamine the scriptures to see what Christ thought of such people and where you fit in that picture. Maturity is very much required to understand what the Witnesses are trying to tell. Even the most alert among them/us are saved with difficulty, so how will those who mock have a chance? No, it's far from a perfect world we live in. But, then, God is not one to be mocked. Why on earth should we be worried about not being saved. You don't even know if you are saved! Besides who's mocking God, were mocking a cult that destroys peoples lives. Even if you were right, which you are not. That bullshit organization can't possibly do anymore damage than it has already done, so bring it on!
  • Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Fires can be started even by careless speech, as James 3 :5-18 brings out. May there be the life-giving waters of truth to put out the fires of bitterness and cursing, unruliness and disdain.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I liked how the "brother" of color worked by himself.

Years ago some JW had a cartoon showing armageddon with all the blood and gore, followed by a beautiful Earth full of JWs. When the link was posted here, it got pulled off the web. I wonder if the same will happen to this one.

It's really a shame to have talented people wasting their time on this.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

to Tyrone van leyen: I think we all can learn more about curiosity, imagination, and respect, even as Jesus commended the little children for their humility. Ad hominem attacks hardly inspire these positive virtues, even in those who dearly love their enemies.

Do you really love your enemies Fred. Get real! The witnesses bash every religious group around and always have. I don't see any real love in the way I was instantly turned into dog meat after 20 years of my life in the org. and I certainly will attack anyone that professes such rubbish!

Don't impudiate on me wrong motives, you know dam well what I'm talking about. I grew up in the Org and was forced to knock on doors with no training at 10 years old and suffered humiliations inschool among my peers. Don't act like you give a dam, cuz if you cater that sytem of thought you are guilty by association in furthering this agenda.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Soon, God will wipe out every tear, and death will be gone, as will lamenting and outcry and pain. How good that we all, even Satan, have such a loving Father as Jehovah, on whom to rely, just as could have been shared with the householders on Mulberry Street that Saturday morning. (Rev.21:4,5; Matt.4:10)

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Soon, God will wipe out every tear, and death will be gone, as will lamenting and outcry and pain. How good that we all, even Satan, have such a loving Father as Jehovah, on whom to rely, just as could have been shared with the householders on Mulberry Street that Saturday morning. (Rev.21:4,5; Matt.4:10)

It doesn't suprise me, the evasive way you do not adress the issues and try to pacify me from the 20 year sentence I got with these lame scriptures.I will not be silenced!

I only hope there's a god to take care of deceivers who inflict pain on people, break up families and twist scripture. Don't you realize how scripted you sound. Can't you have a conversation that deals with real issues in peoples lives without bringing up a watchtower programmed agenda.

Where was the goodwill and comfort in my life on the streets or at the Y living in dejection from my family. I got the same earfull of rubbish your spouting right now. The only source of comfort I ever got was on this forum and if you wish to keep the peace you'd do well to avoid me.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Even claymation and bright colors can't make this subject interesting. Nice set design, though.

And I liked the song about the pioneer shuffle that accompanied the closing credits.

("in association with DROIDWORKS" -- snicker)

GentlyFeral

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Jehovah addresses all the issues by means of Christ's Kingdom. Peace depends on reconciling with Jehovah and those who bear His messages, even if they be stones that cry out. Even those imprisoned with a 20-year sentence ahead may still request a Bible study. Jehovah does not wish that any be silenced in death. May we not be silenced by the 2nd death. If we make the right choices, we may yet all become friends with the Creator. Soon, then the pain will be lifted, the families put together again, and the Scripture made clear for all. How will the building stand?, if it is not built by Jehovah, the One with both an Eternal Past and an Eternal Future. So many lessons may be gleaned from the memories triggered by A Morning on Mulberry Street.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Jehovah addresses all the issues by means of Christ's Kingdom. Peace depends on reconciling with Jehovah and those who bear His messages, even if they be stones that cry out.

Who says Fred? The printing corporation that has brainwashed you?

Even those imprisoned with a 20-year sentence ahead may still request a Bible study. Jehovah does not wish that any be silenced in death. May we not be silenced by the 2nd death. If we make the right choices, we may yet all become friends with the Creator.

I don't think God has a problem with people standing up for their rights and I think he will punish those that give out heavy handed sentences and corerce people to worship through fear rather than love.

I'm not in prison anymore Fred I'm free, and you can have that freedom too if you get some serious, intense counciling. I've got the name of a great shrink if your interested! You actually seem like a nice guy, so out of love for my tormenter, I offer you this. No strings attached. That's just the kind of guy I am.

Soon, then the pain will be lifted, the families put together again, and the Scripture made clear for all. How will the building stand?, if it is not built by Jehovah, the One with both an Eternal Past and an Eternal Future. So many lessons may be gleaned from the memories triggered by A Morning on Mulberry Street.

My pain has been lifted since I joined this board and avoided the toxins you seem to have a neverending thirst for.

Your building will stand Fred once you get the real support from proffessionals that you need. I know you can do it!

The lessons on Mulberry Street are when you see Jehovah's witnesses coming make sure the first thing you do is teach your children that these persistant witnesses although they mean well are entirely deceived by a publishing co. and to avoid them as best you can until you have a further understanding of the dynamics which motivate there insane behaviours.

• DJK
    DJK
    to Tyrone van leyen: I think we all can learn more about curiosity, imagination, and respect, even as Jesus commended the little children for their humility. Ad hominem attacks hardly inspire these positive virtues, even in those who dearly love their enemies

Well Fred, I can see why I am an Atheist. Nearly 18 years of a wide range of abuses, Jesus was behind me, patting me on the back, instead of standing in front of me, protecting me. Jesus saves, what? Maybe this really means the JWs who shun their children for leaving the JWs, wont make it into the Heaven of heavens. A JW can't possibly love his enemy if they disassociate themselves from everyone.

"You,ve been living like a little girl, in the middle of your little world". (Crazy Harry Brown)

As for the cartoon. I don't believe the WTBTS approved it. If they did it is clearly a new brainwashing technique meant for the youngest and most vulnerable minds. Even JW parents are losing control of their children and over the years, the children seem to be getting younger when it happens. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if a cult would take advantage of a child at the earliest age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit