A Morning on Mulberry Street (pro-JW cartoon)

by indoubt 52 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I watched the whole thing, soundless. Creepy.

Do JW's really see themselves as so separate from those on the other side of the door?

It's also too close to home to think that it is our curious youngsters who remain vulnerable to the message.

Creepy.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Fred,

If there is a God, I don't think he would be like the one described in the mythical man made book called the bible.

Before man knew good and evil he put him through a test of eating a little fruit and made his life miserable, as well as all other humans since untill they all die. Can you imagine how you would view a man who did his son this way, and all his offspring for thousands of years. What is he waiting for to correct all the evil that his little devil creation caused.

Why will a new earth and new heaven be any different from the original perfect one? He's going to let that devil he created come out of his hole for a while after a thousand years and stir up trouble again, but this time he's going to take care of it immediately by doing what he enjoys best, destroying humans and this time the bad spirits too. Then we can't say the devil made me do it if we do something wrong.

I wonder if the animals will still get sick with desease like they do now or will he cure them also? And why didn't he make a spirit Jesus so the repentant angels could get saved and the new heaven be like the new earth? Oh I forgot, he had to change 144,000 good humans to spirits so they could be the new heavens.

It all seems so logical.

Ken P.

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, Creepy to the max-

I find it interesting that this is hosted on a French website. I can't find any google hits for the producers and the named creators of this video, either. It might have been done by the WT Society and hosted on this website to disconnect themselves from it in an effort to make it look less like propoganda.

• themonster123
    themonster123

HEY UNDECIDED! Wow, you articulated everything so well! I really love the way you said it-you just laid it down-nice job, man.

And....that Fred person-are you a Witness or something? Why are you on this anti-Witness website?!!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Fred sed: Soon, God will wipe out every tear, and death will be gone, as will lamenting and outcry and pain. How good that we all, even Satan, have such a loving Father as Jehovah, on whom to rely, just as could have been shared with the householders on Mulberry Street that Saturday morning. (Rev.21:4,5; Matt.4:10)

Fred, at first I thought you were kidding.

Then I thought you were off your meds.

Now I think you are a couple of sandwiches and a watermelon short of a picnic.

Clue: Mulberry Street is not real......................it is a cartoon..............

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Sounds like someone was making a parody of: “The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street” is an episode of the Americantelevision anthology series The Twilight Zone

Now that's creepy! After posting the above, I thought that I better add the ending of the story.

The episode ends with two Martian observers watching the rioting on Maple Street and discussing how easy it was to create paranoia and panic, and let the people of Earth destroy themselves—one place at a time. One of them tells the other:

"Understand the procedure now? Just stop a few of their machines...throw them into darkness for a few hours and then sit back and watch the pattern. They pick the most dangerous enemy they can find......and it's themselves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

• Farkel
    Farkel

indoubt,

That video was absolutely brilliant! My hat is off to the dubs who did all the hard work it takes to produce something like that.

It looks like they used clay-amation and that is very difficult and time-consuming to make a video look believable. Then it looks like they used Flash to put it all together. The music is an "A", the video is an "A" (these guys are amateurs, fer cryin' out loud), the voice-over is an "A".

The actual message delivered, however, rates a miserable "F". A cult is a cult and their message is still shit, and you can't shine shit no matter how slickly it is presented. Notice how they NEVER mentioned that the little girl was not moved by some powerful and spiritual message they brought to Mulberry Street. They only brought 'Truth' to that street, yet they would not define what that 'Truth' really is. They don't dare actually define their 'Truth' because it is so scary and violent that humankind would never buy it and might actually react against them. And it.

I was much amused at the effort. Too bad the GB won't try clever stuff like that.

Farkel

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Hide though they will, Jehovah knows who they are and what they're distracted with. No-one can hide from Him, no matter if they "hide" from His Witnesses, even on a site attempting to hijack the Witness name. It includes Jehovah's name after all. He knows who all the players are, when He cares to know. But the Apostle Paul said that by "all" means, some would be saved, which includes this site, even.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Hide though they will, Jehovah knows who they are and what they're distracted with.

So you are equating hiding from a door-to-door salesman to hiding from God?

No-one can hide from Him, no matter if they "hide" from His Witnesses

True. Many of those people behind the doors enjoy a rich and satisfying relationship with Him. Of course, the sellers on the street would never know that. They approach people magazine-first.

even on a site attempting to hijack the Witness name. It includes Jehovah's name after all.

Pardon me? This site is definitely about the Jehovah's Witnesses. No doubt about that.

He knows who all the players are, when He cares to know.

Pardon me? When does God stop caring about people? Ever? Even after the flood, He wept.

But the Apostle Paul said that by "all" means, some would be saved, which includes this site, even.

Who said we needed saving? Maybe you are drowning , and I am on the shore.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I stand by my earlier statement. Jehovah's Witnesses see themselves as oddly separated from the rest of humanity. Are we seen as a tribe of door-slammers?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit