Trinity?

by BFD 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    I contest this omnipresent nonsense as well . If he were omnipresent then why did jesus instruct people to pray this way, " Father (in heaven) ......................... Omnipotent , all powerful ........ no problem there but he clearly live in heaven , the bible portrays him as not actually paying attention to everything going on , such as you having sex with your wife . Story of adam where he can't find adam in the garden , where are you adam ? He must have pretended not to know they had sinned by asking alot of questions or he simply was not paying attention at the time.... Further more there is no mention of jesus being equal to God in the new testament , as I've stated earlier yet continue to get a bluff answer over the issue.....

Referencing heaven does indicate that God is limited to only heaven. Most scholars will indicate that this is a reverential reference to the traditional dwelling place of God.

The question of God to Adam, is not a question of location, but of morality. One most read the Bible within context, lest one fall in to proof texting. Prooftexting is the pretext of building a cult.

As far as Jesus being equal with the Father, may I suggest that you reread the Gospel of John, and each time the Jewish religious leaders try to kill him, ask yourself why they want to do that?

• heathen
    heathen

The question of God to Adam, is not a question of location, but of morality. One most read the Bible within context, lest one fall in to proof texting. Prooftexting is the pretext of building a cult.

Give me a break............... I think in that instance he is indicating he was not in the garden or even observing the actions that took place , now if you are reading more than that into it I think is a cult think since you are obviously making your own opinion into some sort of doctrine.

The religious leaders wanted to kill jesus because he openly exposed their hypocrisy and condemned them , much like I believe religious leader would do today and probly have in that they killed off those that did the same .

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT I think you're missing my point. First, I'm not hung up on the word "trinity" nor do I claim I understand fully the nature of God, but, I can't deny what is revealed. Second I know of those passages and that God is love, He is many other things as well, not the least of which is a "consuming fire", and a "jealous God". Deu 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God. With that in mind, do you think attributing love to Baal, would glorify God? Would denying Jesus is God or the Holy Spirit is God, be glorifying to God? Could you glorify God at all, by denying Jesus is God or the Holy Spirit is God? Does Love rejoice in the truth or doesn't the truth matter? If God is Love (and I believe He is), what kind of love is God?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Give me a break............... I think in that instance he is indicating he was not in the garden or even observing the actions that took place , now if you are reading more than that into it I think is a cult think since you are obviously making your own opinion into some sort of doctrine.

It is possible I could be mistaken, but that is what I have read from most good commentaries on the Genesis account, and based on your lack of knowledge of the most simple and elementary teachings of the Bible I'll take the commentators over you any day of the week,a nd twice on Sunday.

The religious leaders wanted to kill jesus because he openly exposed their hypocrisy and condemned them , much like I believe religious leader would do today and probly have in that they killed off those that did the same .

OK, bucko, let's just look at two verses.

John 8:58-59Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." [I AM is Jehovah. Exodus 3:14]

59Then they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."

John 10:30-33"I and my Father are one."

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, "Many good works I have shown you from My Father. For which of those works do you stone Me?"

33 The Jews answered him, saying, "For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy, and because you, being a man, make yourself God

So exactly where did Jesus expose the religious leaders hypocrisy in these passages?

Sounds to me like you are still suffering from JW prooftexting, or gross ignorance of the Bible.

• heathen
    heathen

first off I'm not a bucko , secondly you haven't listed your esteemed scholars that come to these profound conclusions of yours .

I think you are missing the point there as well. Jesus did not say he was God , he's merely stating he was in union with Gods purposes

John 10:30-33 "I and my Father are one."

How could you not believe he was the messiah after all the things he did in front of their eyes?

John 10:25 -27 - shows he was working in league with God. He also tells them they are not his sheep or they would listen to him. Kinda the same as calling you a hypocrite if somebody calls your bluff of false accusations . He was the messiah there by had authority to determine who God approved of so he's saying I don't approve therefore God does not approve . Anyway what's interesting is that the NWT says they accused him of calling himself a god not God. Then jesus rebuttal is that in the law is stated , You are gods . I knew this discussion was going to turn into a collage of cut and paste scripture , because that's the only way the trinity can be stated with any kind of support .

• zack
    zack

Love is the key. Love is what matters. Love is what endures. Love is what is everlasting. Knowledge puffs up, LOVE builds up. What has kept me fron losing my

faith in God after finding the truth about the truth, is in fact what i beleive is the unequivacable nature of God found described in ANY translation in no uncertain terms, and

that is this: He that does not love does not know God, because God IS LOVE.

It doesn't get any simpler. All the best to you!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

zack

Love is the key. Love is what matters. Love is what endures. Love is what is everlasting. Knowledge puffs up, LOVE builds up.

I agree love does all those things, however, you keep forgetting other things about love.

1Co 13:6

It does not rejoice over unrighteousness, but it rejoices with the truth.

Does love tell people everything is OK, when in truth it's not? If so we have a different understanding of love.

He that does not love does not know God, because God IS LOVE.

Again, what kind of "love" are we talking about here? Men "love" sin, should we keep on sinning? Should we love everything but the truth? Just for the record, I don't believe the WT knows the truth or knows what love is.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see how anyone can read the New Testament and not see that the Son is subordinate to the Father as there are so many explicit references to this. The whole picture of the NT would be hopelessly distorted if Jesus wasn't the subordinate divine Son that earned a supreme status over creation through obedience and the cross, a name above all other names. He did not have it at first, he earned it. That doesn't sound like an eternally co-equal supreme God (as one of the three).

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Setting aside the subordination smokescreen, for a moment. I don't see how anyone can read the NT and not see that the Son is claimed to be Divine.

DDog:Yes, all those things are possible, but we increase in knowledge.

• barry
    barry

Greendawn, Our Lord became a servent and lower than the angels when he came to earth as a babe. Christians call it the incarnation, God became flesh and dwelt among us. Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit