Trinity?

by BFD 142 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heathen:
    You're mixing up orthodox Trinitarianism with "Modalism". Most Christians don't accept the latter, like yourself, myself included. It is accepted by some Pentecostal groups, though.

DDog:Its too common a statement for me to have even thought of needing to find it for you, but here ya go:

1John.4: 8, 16.

• heathen
    heathen

LT - I still don't get this new fangled idea , I do only talk about the orthodox trinity belief because that is what most people believe when talking about the trinity . The word trinity is not in the bible even, so how is it an orthodox view? All christian religions at one point in history agreed to the triune concept of the tinity , that I know of anyway. There is no point in putting your own spin on it , you are either all in or you are not playing .IMO

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heathen:
    Sorry dude, but you're barking up the wrong tree. Most Christians do not believe that the Father is the Son and is the Holy Spirit. They accept that they are three presons, yet somehow miraculously one God.

That aint my own spin (albeit I came to that conclusions from independant research, because I'd been raised to believe that the Trinity was what You've described), but is the "spin" of near all Christian denominations.

• BFD
    BFD

I know I am not as educated as you all about this yet but here is my simple view. God and Jesus could not do any work without the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit would not have any direction if not for God and Jesus. The three work together as One.

Call it a trinity if you want too, just don't call me late to dinner. :-)

BFD

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Let me simplistically put it this way, using the example of prayer:

We pray to the Father, through Christ, in the power of the Spirit.

Every Christian does this, wherever and whenever they are at the time. Somehow God deals with these simultaneously. Somehow He is everywhere and everywhen (omnipresent), which is one of the abilities of Him being "God".

Just think about that for a minute. All three are somehow involved in prayer simultaneously, having that unique quality. Do they somehow occupy the same [total] space and time, while retaining their own unique identity? THat would be the claim of Trinitarians.

• BFD
    BFD

Ok I'll try and make sense. You can't get through to the Father unless by way of Christ and the Holy Spirit, right? So the Father needs Christ and the Holy Spirit in order to hear your prayer? The three need to work together in order to be omnipotent? Three parts, one God.

Oh and by the way, LT, imo you're right it's still all about love.

BFD

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The logic in the statement is:

• Omnipresence" is a quality of "God".

Regarding prayer:

1. All three are involved (needed?) in prayer.
    2. Lots of prayers occur and are heard at the same time.

Therefore

• All three are everywhere at the same time (omnipresent).

Therefore

• All three are "God".

Nowadays quantum science is perhaps starting to grapple with how such a thing is possible.

• heathen
    heathen

I contest this omnipresent nonsense as well . If he were omnipresent then why did jesus instruct people to pray this way, " Father (in heaven) ......................... Omnipotent , all powerful ........ no problem there but he clearly live in heaven , the bible portrays him as not actually paying attention to everything going on , such as you having sex with your wife . Story of adam where he can't find adam in the garden , where are you adam ? He must have pretended not to know they had sinned by asking alot of questions or he simply was not paying attention at the time.... Further more there is no mention of jesus being equal to God in the new testament , as I've stated earlier yet continue to get a bluff answer over the issue.....

• BFD
    BFD

Who said anything about equal? There could be three parts that are not equal but make up one.

BFD

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((((((((((((((heathen)))))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit