Did you have a favorite food at the assemblies (when they sold it there)?

by kitten whiskers 70 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

The frozen pudding. It was simply the best.

Cott Cola

This must be the Canadien version of Shasta Cola. Yuck!

• Warlock
    Warlock

All of it. Sure beats taking your own or having to go out for lunch.

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO SPOIL ALL THE FUN WE USED TO HAVE??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    never even heard of burritos and donuts at the assemblies! man what a jip.

Yes, I still remember stocking up on the burritos while in the food line. "I'll need ten burritos" I'd say, and then give two to my wife, and one each to my two children. Mmmm, burritos!!

The only problem was that we had to wash them down by "Drinking the Kool-Aid"!!!!!!

BA

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

It's funny when that they discourage the use of outside food vendors yet brag about how all of the convention cities love them because they bring a boost to the economy.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Lemon Shasta

Egg Muffin

Roast Beef Sandwich

Chocolate Pudding

How many tickets was that?? I think I read on this board that they don't use those Ration Tickets anymore, well shows how long I've been away ha ha ha

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Like Kitten Whiskers said, The burritos, the cheese danishes (esp. when they had the frosting on them), ohh and the burritos, an did I mention the burritos. What was that brand of taco sauce packets they used to give with those burritoes? Still cannot find a bean burrito that was that good. Maybe it was that I was with my friends (almost all have left the JW's), that made the food taste so good.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Bean and pasta salad with some kind of vinaigrette dressing...

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

LMAO! at all these posts. Were we in a "special" organization or what? How persons separated by thousands of miles can be "fitly united" by an appreciation for frozen danishes, pudding, burritos, and Shasta soda is a testament to CULT POWER!

I love you all,

NVR

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I actually loved the hamburgers back in the 70's. I found the meat was very tasty.. I also found the fruit bags very fresh too. That's in Canada though I don't know about elsewhere

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    I also found the fruit bags very fresh too. That's in Canada though I don't know about elsewhere

The fruit I saw south of Canada was mostly crap Tyrone. I'm glad you fared better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit