Specific banned shows, songs, etc...?

by AllAlongTheWatchtower 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Stone Temple Pilots was mentioned from the platform in the early 90's. I thought there was no way this guy has ever listened to the Stone Temple Pilots.

Also, when I was replacing all of my cassette tapes with CD's I offered to give all of my tapes (over 500) to a cute girl on our congregation. She told me she could take them because they were demonized.

My mom burned my Duran Duran (Rio) tape because one of the songs mentioned a demon.

My mom tore down a couple of poster in my room. One of a close up of a woman in and Army helmet. I didn't want to join, just thought it look cool. I a movie poster of "Gleaming the Cube" (skateboarding movie staring Christian Slater).

And I have yet to this day seen the movie "E.T."

• loosie
    loosie

"no christain should listen to the red hot chili peppers"

Can't listen to the country song " lay down Sally"

the song "Cherish the Love" is about reincarnation... so can't listen to it.

Sly fox's " lets go all the way".. bad because witnesses don't go all the way.. sometimes they don't go all the way even after they are married

The simpon's cartoon because the kids talk back to their parents

• Twitch
    Twitch
    "no christain should listen to the red hot chili peppers"

we need a lawyer here to figure out if this technicality is big enough to put a loophole in.

too bad for them, uh, the christians, i mean.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    6) Named specifically within families where parents made sanctions.

I found this was by far the biggest category and was a source of endless curiosity to other kids in the congregation. I still have not watched ET or Wizard of Oz all the way through as they were banned for being demonic in our household!

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Oh yeah, forgot to mention KISS: any group of men who wore that much makeup just HAD to be gay. The Worldwide Church of God was very strict on the ("over")usage of makeup by women, let alone men.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

What about WASP? We Are Sexual Perverts!

• penny2
    penny2
    I still have not watched ET or Wizard of Oz all the way through as they were banned for being demonic in our household!

Crumpet, ET is a great movie. You should watch it all the way through sometime.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Paul Anka "your having my baby" 1970's denounced at CA (note-the lyrics don't say that they are unmarried)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

1980's Massachusetts District overseer Rathtopolis (sic) all PG movies as Pure Garbage

• Cold Creek Swimmer
    Cold Creek Swimmer

1990's-Pullman WA circuit assemblies- all PG13 movies=Pure Garbage to the 13th power!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit