"Apostates end up bitter and angry"

by XBEHERE 43 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    "apostates") go off into darkness and debauchery where they gnash their teeth in misery.

Oh,the latest slam is we 'gnash our CAVITIES'

The Watchtower is a supremacist cult that degrades all dissidents sc*ien*tolo*y is the same way exactly

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I was angry at first, and then I went to therapy, and then I had a beautiful opportunity to tell a couple of elders exactly how I felt. Now I'm not angry anymore. I put those feelings in a box and handed it back via my diatribe to the elders. It's their weight, their problem, not mine. My therapist said one day I'd feel like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I would feel free and happy, and she was right!

Every Saturday morning I get up when I want to and go get hot donuts from Southern Maid Donuts. It's a 15-minute drive but well worth it. I pass a Witness' house on that drive and some Saturday mornings they have meeting for service at their house and I see them going in, and I smile to myself and turn up the radio.

Am I an apostate? Perhaps by their standards. Am I angry and bitter? Not one little bit.

Nina

• mia_b
    mia_b

I was v. bitter and angry. MY hubby says I still am. He does agree I'm getting a little better! But I'm holding out for the light at the end of the tunnel - I will get my brain round stuff one day. And at least im HAPPPY for the first time in my life even if that is mixed with bitterness and anger :D

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

It baffles me as to why they lump all us "apostates" together. I guess because some witnesses are so used to having their thoughts and feelings controlled by an organization, some of them forget how to think and feel independently from the Society.

Are some Apostates bitter and angry? You bet! C'mon, look at the posts on this board. Read the stories and experiences you all have posted here. Let me tell you my friends, a lot of you all went through many degrees of Hell.

..But, I guess, in time, life moves on...old wounds heal....and...hopefully....you find peace in your heart, and your mind....and, once you have that..then you tend to see the world differently......I don't know...Maybe I'm just getting old.

If I meet the rare witness that I knew back then, I tend to just tell them the phrase....may peace be with you.....That doesn't sound bitter and angry to me, does it?

• Honesty
    Honesty

For those 'Apostates" who are always smiling and happy when the JW's see them, the answer is....

Well, you know Satan is going to make them happy because they are in his 'world' now.

• calico
    calico

I recently watched one Witness tell another how he won't need to worry about his retirement, as Paradise is only ten months away. From all appearances, this old guy is hanging on by his fingernails.

Just an excuse to get out of helping his brother! Feel the love!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have to admit I am still angry with them because they are fooling the poor ignorant people that still attend. I am angry that the people there are and were ignorant of their past and were "duped" into joining, like I was. I am angry that some of the people there are being victimized and are swallowing it because they think that is what a "good christian" should tolerate. I am angry that there has not been payback for all the damage that has been done to so many people over the years. I am angry because they feel unaccountable for it all. I am angry because I suspect that, deep down inside, many of them are hypocrites who don't really believe any of it and don't think there will ever BE a payback for any bad that they do, but, because they occupy a comfortable niche there they don't want to upset the status quo.

LHG

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I guess people who leave the org after finding they have been duped may start off angry and maybe bitter as well, but that's to be expected after finding out to what extent they've been fooled.

We don't usually end up that way though, once we get used to the kind of freedom that being away from the org brings. Personally, I'm happier now than I ever was as a jw.

• M.J.
    M.J.

At the local study here, the comments were that apostates refuse to reason from the Bible--that they are totally unreasonable and only try and promote their own doctrines. That the TRUE reason they turned from the "truth" to false doctrine is to justify themselves for their unwillingness to put in their preaching hours.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

HELLO... if you found out that you had been lied to for x amount of yrs or decades wouldn't you initially be pissed?!!? Of course nobody talks to these "apostates" years later to see how happy to be out they really are.

Amen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit