"Apostates end up bitter and angry"

by XBEHERE 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I always considered the belief system of the religion to be rather flimsy. It needed to be shored up with constant agreement from everybody. It could not withstand any criticism or real debate or it would unravel. This is why they have to speak out so loudly against so-called apostates. They cannot deal with this level of opposition. They are obviously threatened by how many have left the religion and are still leaving. And, most importantly, they are terrified of people's access to the internet.

LHG

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hmm, I actually understand the reasoning why I should know that They are right. Afterall, as an ApostaBabe I am practically the spawn of Beelzebub himself ... and since the Demonszz know JW's are right ..

LOL

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

To all who, due to circumstances, continue to attend meetings, even sporadically, you have my admiration. I don't know how you do it. If I went back I think I would have some sort of major psychological episode right in my seat.

Thoroughly enjoying every meeting I miss,

Nvr

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

They should meet me. Unless they asked they would never know I had ever been a JW, even if I knew they were JWs. I am loving the life I am carving out for myself.

Oh, I could Scripture and verse them 'til they turned blue in the face and delivered the ultimate clincher, "We'll do some research on those points and get back to you." But I would do it with an easy grace and a smile. I am not pressured by them in any respect. The organization still holds my wife hostage (and for that, it shall pay dearly) but I have no grievance with the individual sheeple.

Happily,
    AuldSoul (of the "Really Very Bitter, But Hiding It So Perfectly No One Can Tell" class)

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I was bitter and angry for a long time, after I left. However, after counseling, I decided that be staying bitter and angry I was letting them control me further. That is unacceptable. So whenever I runinto J-Dubs that I knew, I make sure that I smile, and show them that I am happy in my life. On those rare occassions that they deing to speak with me, I show no bitterness, and speak about my experiences in the Dubs in a positive light. Why give them more fuel for the fire?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Yes, jgnat, why not take that chap out for a coffee in the new year!

And who was the Nazi minister of propaganda that said if you repeat a mantra often enough the people will believe it's true?

• choosing life
    choosing life

I have seen people who were happy in and out of the organization. A lot depends on what is going on in your life at the time. People who leave are often stressed out at first by all the negative feedback by jw relatives and aquaintances. Whose fault is that? Maybe they should consider why it is that they need to demonize these people?

Being bitter and angry is not a good place to be at emotionally. But it is an emotion we feel when we are mistreated by others. Eventually, we need to move on though. I think most who leave the jws do move on, but it takes time. And if your family is held captive by the jws, it is harder to accomplish because it is always being thrust into your face.

I hate the word apostate because of what the jws have made it to mean. Many of them are apostates by their own definition, having left the church they grew up in for the jws. Yet they will never refer to themselves as apostates. It reminds me of the charge of sedition against Jesus by the Jews. By their rules Jesus was also an apostate.

I applaud you for being able to sit through the book study. I think it would be very difficult for me.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

most people become bitter and angry when they loose something they loved.

The worst part is the shunning. But I've now realized if I hadn't been shunned, I would have probably went back. So now I don't mind as much.

lisa

• under_believer
    under_believer

I hate to say it but that statement is patently true for me. Most Witnesses would consider me an apostate. And I am bitter and angry, specifically because of the fact that I'm not a Witness anymore. I miss blissful ignorance and the happiness of my JW-indoctrinated teenage years especially. But, a little voice inside my head said, "Don't look back. You can never look back."

On the other hand, my dread (a paradox: dread coexisting with bliss) at the prospect of surviving the slaughter of almost 6 billion people is gone. And you can't deny that there are very, very few happy Jehovah's Witnesses. In my family's current congregation there are maybe two, in the whole congregation.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Nvr...what you left in the seat of that Kingdom Hall doesnt look "psychological" to me LOL! And it probably wont come off. hehehe

What the JWs do to those who leave is what people do when they get DUMPED by their boyfriend or girlfriend. Suddenly they are of the opinion that the dumper was BAD and NASTY and NOT GOOD ENOUGH to ever have been with THEM. (They were obviously NEVER one of US to begin with!) THey as the dumpee have to make excuses so that they make that deserter PAY for what he did!! Going off and PRETENDING to be happy...the frickin NERVE of some people!! ROFL!

They go out on Saturday mornings and see those APOSTATES out there having fun, going to ballgames with their kids, or to soccer, having barbeques and watching football on TV while they are pulling on the pantyhose and ties and going door to door in subfreezing weather or 90 degree heat and sitting in stuffy Kingdom Halls with 110 nasty unhappy people just like themselves 3 days a week. And we all did it...we ENVIED those people that we SLANDERED. But we dared not say to our fellow sufferers in the Borg what we really felt inside.

I dont need to paint my face blue and ride a horse through an army to scream FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit