"Apostates end up bitter and angry"

by XBEHERE 43 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Anybody remember the picture in a study article about a year ago with some "bad" Witnesses smiling and happy in a Jeep en route to some recreation passing some "good" Witnesses in service, who incidentally didn't seem to be enjoying themselves at all? The caption asked something like "Which activity would you prefer to engage in?" They've got to be kidding. Is there really any contest? The point I'm trying to make is that this is yet one more example of wanting to have it both ways-Are apostates sad, miserable ghouls that isolate themselves or happy-to-be-free, fun-loving, people-loving individuals trying to enjoy whatever life they have left after escaping the cult? Which is it Watchtower? Make up your minds!

P.S. -Lovesdubs,

Funny, very funny. I pity whoever has to clean the hall that night!

• atypical
    atypical

Who's really bitter and angry? Jw's have the burden of constantly trying to find a reason to believe that everybody who doesn't agree with them deserves to die. Who doesn't agree with them? Only the entire world, with the exception of less than one percent! Who do we apostates disgree with? Just some fringe group who happened to screw with us for part of our life. I think there is a big difference.

• Numinous
    Numinous

If you are happy, you are living in Satan's world and "receiving your reward in full", if you are sad, you are living in Satan's world and " receiving your reward in full"--they've got it covered.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Numinous- Exactly!

• PEC
    PEC

Bitter and angry, not me, never was. Upset and disappointed, that I had been lied to, yes.

Philip

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Im not pissed or angry or even that bitter. If anything i pity the JW's still under the rule of the FDS.

""Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they they have rebelled they cannot become conscious.""

George Orwell, "1984"

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

What!!!??? Apostates??? Bitter and Angry???? Nooooooo waaayyyy.

LOL, that lady sounds ripe for the pickin'. Who she tryin' to convince? Herself mebbe?

Next time try looking aghast and saying this: "How would you know that, have you been Talking to them?" *raise one eyebrow and looking at her sideways no matter what her response*
    LOL

The thing about anger is, when a JW expresses it, it's "righteous indignation" like "when Jesus drove out the moneychangers"; but when anyone else expresses it they're "apostate" "fits of anger" or some other psychotic or PMS or ESB (excessive sperm buildup) reference....Yet another hypocritical double standard. Unfortunately, society as a whole is guilty of this lack of emotional intel, not just witnesses.

Whatever. People grieving any number of things also go through bitterness and anger and unhappiness. It's called normal human EMOTION, ya Nazi's. (and yes, I'm trying to convince myself too, I was a well-conditioned little trooper, right from birth).

Personally, my most predominant emotion about being "apostate" is:
    It's such a RELIEF to have left, no, escaped, an environment so repressive of emotional honesty.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I recently watched one Witness tell another how he won't need to worry about his retirement, as Paradise is only ten months away. From all appearances, this old guy is hanging on by his fingernails.

Is that ten months from February or March? Either way, in ten months it will be cold again. What about the Bible verse that says pray that your flight is not in the winter?

Where did he get his light? By all means, he needs to be reminded of this statement in ten months.

• parakeet
    parakeet

The WTS figuratively kidnaps, beats up, and robs its victims. When a few of the victims wise up, the WTS blames the victims for harboring anger and bitterness. This tactic callously dismisses those the WTS has damaged while at the same time controls those who remain in bondage.

Once you understand that the desire for power, not love, is the motivating force behind the WTS, the reasons for their hate-filled tactics become obvious.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

So this means that all Jehovah's Witnesses are happy. Absolutely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit