I dropped the BOMB, but it missed???????!!!!!!!

by Schism 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Schism
    Schism

Hello my dearest friends. So sorry that I have not been online much. I have been quite busy lately!

I just wanted to give you all an update on my challenging situation with my family. As you know, they are JWs and I have been in the closet about not being one.

Yesterday, I received a "guilt trip" email because I didn't attend the meeting when someone they know was getting reinstated (someone I don't know, but I have hated him from a distance all my life). Yeah I know, why would I go just because someone's getting RI? And aren't they not supposed to know about it? Then, I was told to have my things ready, they are picking me up for the meeting Sunday, whether my husband wants to go or not. What? Like, do they think that I am some cowering little wifey while my tyrant husband beats me with a whip? It sounds like fun to me, but that's not how things are run here. I don't need my man's permission for anything. If anything, he goes only where I go... so it's not even close to what they are imagining. What I DON'T like is the fact that I was told that I will be picked up on Sunday. I haven't gone to a meeting in 6 months. I have a car. I do not need to be picked up on Sunday.

Well, I replied with the email that basically said, "I don't believe the Bible is the word of God, thus..I don't believe the org has the word of God, and I am sorry that this is probably making you very upset. You will need time to get used to this idea". As you can see, I left no hope of me even having a religion to follow, much less theirs. And I closed off with a note saying that I know my new belief is going to take a while for them to get used to, but I cannot go on pretending to believe something I don't.

My email was LONG, mature, to the point. If anyone would like to see it, say it and I'll paste it in here.

Lo' and fricking BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How hard do you have to hammer a nail to get it done??? I worked up all this courage to tell my FAMILY that I am renouncing their faith (and to those of you who know how chicken-shit I am, this is awesome news and a big grown-up step for me!)

This morning I get a reply email. But not the reply I was expecting. Not, "we are hurt", or "you will die at A". Nooooo, I get "where did you get your info? Did you copy and paste?" (every time I write an essay to someone explaining something, they think I copied it from somewhere....pisses me off, but I am flattered that they think it is that good). And I get, "I can see by reading your letter, you still definitely believe Jehovah is a loving God".

NOOOOOO !!!!!!!! I said I hate him, and he is not what he claims to be (ok, but much more mature than that in the original). WTF?? I write a letter renouncing Christianity altogether and she derives nothing from it?? No, not nothing.... She derives that I still love Jah? After what I sent, I can assure you....she should have put up a boundary around my yard to keep the "demons" in. How hard does a person have to try to get people to understand?

One exerpt from my letter: "twisted men wrote a twisted book, then it was twisted some more by an emperor, then twisted even more by humans in Brooklyn, trying to find out the meaning of it, of which there is none". Blah blah blah.........

What more can you ask for?

Do you guys want me to paste the conversations in here? It's really ASTONISHING that I wrote an email like the one I did, and REALLLLLLLLLY drove my point home (was proof-read by husband, and he was impressed at how well it made my point), yet it is turning out to be a motherf'ing Bible Study for me!!!!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think it is called self-delusion. To console themselves away from the truth, they have convinced themselves that you are a puppet-woman with no brain, who is being controlled by others.

Hmmm. If you are ready for drastic measures, perhaps words are not enough. It might be time for action. How about a short reply, "I'll see you on Sunday then." And then dress too kill.

• Goth
    • In one of your husband's suits and tie.
    • Housecoat and hair rollers with big fluffy slippers.
    • Tramp

If they refuse to drive you like that, say, "That's all right, I have my own car. See you there." Then go in to the house and close the door.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well, so are they still wanting to pick you up for the meeting? I think they are just relieved you didnt join up with Babylon the Great. At least in their minds they can still convince you of an existence in God. If you became born again they probably would have a coniption. I think you handled it well, and your family doesnt outright hate you. What more can I say?

• BFD
    BFD

I would love to read the e-mail. It is amazing how things get lost in the reading comprehension with most JWs. Sorry you're going through this. My mom has shunned the family for 5 years now. I stopped trying to reach her about 3 years ago but last night I wrote a letter to her. I don't know if I'll send it. I posted it here on another thread if you'd like to take a look.

Again, sorry for your pain.

BFD

• Schism
    Schism

Here was my reply to her little, "shame on you for not being there. We will get you Sunday". Some personal chit chat will be deleted, and any of my comments to you guys that was not in the letter will stand out. Note, I start with why the Bible is crap, thus taking it from the top. Then once I have hit home base, I go on to why I shouldn't follow the WTS.

I think it is rude of everyone to ask you about me. If they have not seen me in a while, why would they take the chance of upsetting you like that? I little tact goes a long way there. I know they mean well, but it is just very rude and disrespectful to you. SEE, THEY HAVE BEEN ASKING MY MOM WHERE I HAVE BEEN AND IT MAKES HER CRY AT THE HALL. I HAVEN'T GONE TO A MEETING IN SO LONG, THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR STUPID BEHAVIOR. IT''S FAIRLY OBVIOUS WHERE I HAVE BEEN!

I'm glad for xxx. If he can stay away from the drugs, even better for him. I know xxx needs his dad, so I'm happy for xxx as well. xxx is your big brother, so maybe now you can get to know him finally. THIS IS THE NEWLY REINSTATED ASSHOLE OF THE FAMILY

I would love to be able to visit with you guys, but it seems like every time I've gone over there lately, something happens that makes me regret it. Whether it be dad's Armageddon rants, or just something that ends up in an arguement. I just don't want that kind of stress in my life. If we could hang out like a normal family with no drama, it would be great. (my man) isn't avoiding ya'll either. He just goes where I go.

I have to be honest and tell you why I do not go to the meetings. I didn't want to have to tell you this because I know how it would upset you, but it would be wrong of me to lie. First, let me say that this is NOT apostate material. Nor did I ever get this information FROM apostate material. This is strictly the History channel, WatchTower literature, the Bible, and my own line of reasoning. So please read on with my assurance that none of these ideas or phrases has ever come from an apostate, or from Satan. They are from me, your daughter, who has a mind that is able to think for itself without being told how to think. I KNOW APOSTATE IS A DIRTY WORD, BUT I CAN'T HAVE THEM BELIEVING THAT I GET MY INFO FROM ANYONE. THIS IS STRICTLY MY LETTER AND I NEEDED THEM TO KNOW THAT SO THEY WOULD READ ON INSTEAD OF DELETING IT FIRST

In the Old Testament, there were certain laws set in place surrounding menstruation, childbirth, eating certain animals, and other things. I have read in a "Questions from readers", the answers as to why these laws were set in place. They were there to foster good hygiene and a healthy lifestyle, stress the sanctity of blood, and show the need for atonement of sins.

Menstruation. So the Bible is FULL of remarks about the filth and dispicable-ness of a girl on her period. You can't touch her. It's spoken of as something she should be ashamed of. I realize this has something to do with blood, but why would a loving god give a woman a monthly cycle that she should hide away for? Today, we have sanitary napkins, and we are clean. Back then, they had pelvic wraps (like a diaper), which were just as clean. Imagine living in a world where your husband can't touch you for a week out of each month.

Also on the blood side of things, childbirth. The law back then that if a woman had a baby girl, she was supposed to be quarantined for almost TWICE as long than if she had a boy? Now tell me, what makes the blood of labor involving a girl dirtier than that of a baby boy? Twice the female filth? GOT THAT FROM SOMEONE IN HERE, KUDOS!!! I've absolutely never understood this, and I have always believed this to be a Middle-Eastern male mentality......NOT something that a loving God would put in place. I know that these men were quite disappointed that they couldn't get a son every time, but is it worth punishing their wives? Apparently so, because I just can't see how all these male vs female childbirth rules could hold any water. After all, the blood that comes out of the mom is the same blood.

Why would a woman have to be ashamed of having a period or a baby? Why would the natural menstrual cycle, or the natural aspects of childbirth be a reminder that we are sinners? Why would a mother have to be hidden for a longer period of time after having a female baby? That was not based on any advice given from a loving God. It was the opinion of some very female-hating men back in those days.

It's similar to the rules on not eating certain animals. They didn't know how to properly prepare them, so some people got sick, and the imperfect men of the day panicked and outlawed them, saying it was word from God. If Jehovah were talking to these men, He would have told them how to properly prepare these animals, not to ban them altogether....then suddenly eat them after Jesus dies.

When Jesus came, the OT was no longer something to be followed. So suddenly, period blood and labor blood became clean?

If we are no longer under the OT, why do we still refer back to it for some advice on things? But we disregard others, such as "hide your head in shame, it's a baby girl instead of a boy"? Imagine how ashamed and guilty those poor women must have been. I'm sure the abuse went much further than what's written in the scriptures. If you travel to the Middle East today, you will find that this primitive, cruel behavior is still being practiced. This is the same part of the Earth where the Bible was written. It's too much of a coincidence.

There, they still consider women to be the "weaker vessel". Science has proven that women not only have a higher threshold of pain than men (labor actually splits the pelvis bone, which I'm sure no man had ever experienced), but also have more empathy for others, much like Jesus.

Jesus did not discriminate against women. In first-century Palestine, the way Jesus treated women was considered revolutionary. Mary Magdalene is almost always mentioned first in a list of the female disciples of Jesus Christ. The risen Jesus appeared to her first. It’s ironic that in a time when women could not be legal witnesses, Jesus Christ chose women as the first witnesses of his resurrection.

So, if Jesus is the exact likeness of God, why were the laws in the OT so discriminating against women? If Jehovah never changes, I can't see why he would go from giving unnecessary orders to women, then Jesus comes along and changes everything, then after Jesus dies, Paul goes on to continue to write degrading remarks of the female gender in Corinthians. If the Bible is inspired of God, and Jesus is a mirror image of God, then God has changed his mind about the whole gender issue quite a bit.

And I am not just on some bra-burning feminist rant here. REALLY, I'M NOT. IT JUST PROVES A POINT The fact of the matter is that these are major inconsistencies that just do not work, no matter how hard you try to make it work. There are many other similar things I could think of, but it would just take too much time to type. The basic point I am trying to get across is this: The Bible has been tinkered with by men, without a doubt in my mind. There are things written in it, such as how to go about killing sinners in the name of Jehovah, that just doesn't seem characteristic of what Jesus would have done. If he is a mirror image of Jehovah, then Jehovah would never have ordered his followers to raid cities and kill fornicators. He would have found a peaceful way to correct people.

I know I am probably sounding crazy to you, but you know that I am not out to be a Satan worshiper just because I believe men used the Bible to their advantage centuries ago.

This is how the Bible became what it is today:

It wasn't always a tidy little compact book like you see it now. Back in the days of Emperor Constantine, there were these scrolls written by prophets that were scattered throughout his entire kingdom in these little churches. He wanted to unite his kingdom, and he thought that by using Christianity, he could do just that. So, he set out his men to collect all of the scrolls they could find, in order to bring them back to him. Once they retrieved the scrolls, he sat around a huge table with his wise men, and they put the scrolls together in an orderly fashion, so that they will fit into somewhat of a story-line. Many of the scrolls he had were discarded because he wanted them to fit a certain way, and some of them would have been rejected by many of the little churches, so they were burned. There were a few different versions of Genesis, Revelation, and a few other scrolls that would have fit into the gospels, but were rejected because there was some repeats of stories, and there were some that were too "gloomy" for his taste, So out they went.

Once he had a set book, he returned the new copies in a neater fashion to the churches, to try to unite them into one big church. It worked, and he had his way. But then, as they were read by the people, they found many important details left out. One of those details was of who Cain would have married in order to create the human race. So, the emperor had a recall of the books, and they added a little incest to the story. It disturbed the people at first, but it gave them some closure to the nagging question of where we came from.

So, you have these scrolls that were edited by an emperor that we don't even recognize as being part of Jehovah's plan. These scrolls were written by sexist men, and were tweaked a little bit more by an emperor.

Here we are, centuries later, who knows what else has happened to the Bible since then, and I am supposed to accept it all as fact. Not only that, but I'm not even allowed to interpret it the way I would like to. Instead, I have to accept the scrolls, then I have to accept Emperor Constantine's opinions, then I have to accept the interpretation of a group of white men in Brooklyn who I have never met in my life. And if I dare to question their divine authority, I will be banned from my family? Who are they? I know they like to remain anonymous because they say they don't want to be idolized. But I know the names of the prophets, I know Jesus' name, I know who Mary and Joseph are, I know I can obtain a list of the living 144,000 on earth, so why am I not able to know who's making all the decisions in the lives of over 6 million people?

I'm sorry, I know you believe that they have Jah whispering in their ears while they sleep. But that would mean that God is partial to them. And yes, they have found a way to involve themselves into the grand scheme of things so that this will seem normal to those who will believe it. I don't believe it. And honestly, I am a much happier person because of it. I know you are saying to yourself, "this is Satan talking to me". Trust me, Satan does not, and never has, thought for me once in my life. I am a human, and I have a brain that will only be satisfied once it has seen the logic in things. This obedience to human beings is not logical to me. Obeying God is one thing, obeying men because they say God wants you to is another.

I also do not feel as though the elders are "loving shepherds" in any way whatsoever, and they are not in the position to decide who gets disfellowshipped and who gets reinstated. They denied me when I was at my most repentent state, but then once I started to finally give up and say to myself that I didn't care anymore, they let me back in! If Jehovah directs their decisions, then why wouldn't Jehovah let me in when I was at my sadest state, but then suddenly decide it was my time once I'd stopped caring a little?

Once again, I am not a mean/Satanic person. I would be willing to bet that if a building was on fire, I'd risk my life trying to save my family. The men on the gov body would probably try to save themselves first, because they have this grandiose feeling that they are so important to humanity that they must live on. There is a reason why we don't know many details of what goes on in Bethel, I am sure. I don't know what those reasons are, but there has to be something to hide because we are kept in the dark on so much. I don't tinker with Apostate literature, because I'm sure they have come up with a load of exaggerated theories. Apostates are full of crap. GIGGLE, LOL...TICKLING THE EARS HERE. YOU KNOW HOW THAT ITS... I am a honest person who has weighed and measured the evidence, and can find no reason to believe that the loving God we always talk about is about to massacre 6.5 billion people! That's just nuts!

In the Garden of Eden, after Adam and Eve sinned, he wanted to prove to Satan that he doesn't have to wipe humans off of the earth in order to get them to serve Him. Ok, that would make sense as to why he didn't just start over fresh. But what will wiping off most of the earth's population do now? Only prove to Satan that most people won't serve Jah? If anything, that whole theory just proves Satan's point, and on a very large scale with lots of suffering, mind you. It's foolish. That's because that conversation between God and the Devil never took place. It was written in an attempt to explain where we come from and why we suffer, and it was written by a man who was very superstitious in his belief system.

Am I running to the Catholics for their help? No. I don't see any reason to trust what another human believes to be truth.

I refuse to live a lie, and to go through the motions just to be a hypocrite. If I'm not buying it, I'm not buying it. I respect others' beliefs, and I'd like mine respected as well.

Of course, I'd never share any of this with anyone I know, and I have been keeping it to myself for a long time because this organization has it set up in a manner in which I have to keep my mouth shut, or lose my family. I am so sorry that they allow young people to get baptised. At 13, a person just goes with the flow without even having the chance to grow up and analyze everything they have been taught.

Jehovah is not coming to kill me, or anyone else on this planet. You can't just blindly believe this because twisted men wrote a twisted book, then it was twisted some more by an emperor, then twisted even more by humans in Brooklyn trying to find out the meaning of it, of which there is none.

That's how I feel. I don't want any angry/screaming/crying phone calls because of it. This is probably something you will need time to absorb and get used to.

It doesn't change how I feel about ya'll, and it doesn't make me hate Witnesses as a group. The belief system just doesn't work for me and I'm sorry. I know you are upset, but mom...we are all going to die of old age eventually. That's a healthy, natural view of life. There won't be an Armaggedon, that is a sick and unhealthy view of the future. The prospect of eternal life is also not healthy. We are supposed to die, and I am ok with that.

If you share this with anyone, I am positive I will be disfellowshipped within a week because they don't want anyone who thinks for themselves to share their thoughts with the others. That's a sad reality for me, but I am going to feel better having been honest with you now.

Love you,

XXX

OK, DON'T YOU THINK I PRETTY MUCH MADE IT CLEAR? I THOUGHT I'D HAD MY BASES COVERED! LET ME NOW FIND AND POST HER REPLY...

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Oh you SO need to post that letter! :) Can you say DENIAL??? They saw what they wanted to see, read what they wanted to read.... "la la la laaaaaaaaa I cant HEEEEEEEARRRR YOUUUUUU"

God...I would have freaked right then and there if somebody said they were going to FORCE me to go to the meeting. Like if you dont go they will remove pieces of your body until you acquiesce and submit to the Borg.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Amazing that they missed the point. It upsets me with my family too. How can intelligent people become so dumb. I have talked to them and could see the curtains being drawn across their minds as they switch into a zombie like mode. It is quite sad how easy humans are to manipulate.

Your letter was very well written and long, so I see how she thought it was a cut and paste. Maybe next time you need to keep it to a couple of sentences like

"The Watchtower God is a blood thirsty tyrant. I feel ashamed that I spent as many years as I did being misled by a doomsday cult."

However, you do need to consider your families feelings, so it is always hard to get the right mix of writing what you mean without offending them.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Wow that was some letter. I know you could have gone on for DAYS too. I know my disassociation letter was like that. And I knew nobody was REALLY reading the damn thing.

I dont agree that you have to consider your familys feelings...because they sure as hell DONT consider our FEELINGS when they arbitrarily SHUN us...even as we have seen on this board...when we ARENT DAd or DFd...THEY decide if we are WORTHY to be associated with. And THEY decide who is saved and who isnt and THEY decide whom Jehovah loves and whom he doesnt and THEY decide if we are loved or not. And do our feelings or our beliefs or respect or blood even weigh in on those decisions? Hell NO they dont! Even as blunt as she was with this letter, they still didnt get it.

So you can say the sky is blue to a JW but they will, without blinking, tell you it is yellow because Brooklyn said so.

How can you fight mindlessness?

• Schism
    Schism

lol JGNAT. I should wear my man's suit! But I should have it unbuttoned WAY down with a red pushup bra, even slightly exposing the bra. Oh, and fake whore-ish temporary tattoos on my cleavage!!!!!! Lots of hairspray, dark eye-shadow. Geez, my man would be so busy trying to keep me here to lay me... I don't think I could successfully pull this joke off, lmao.

I just want you all to know, the highlighted stuff in here is strictly my initial thoughts as I read through this email. It is NOT how I am going to respond to her. I have no clue how to reply to this crap. The highlighted sections are mine and are there for your entertainment :) They are distracting, I know...

Here's her response in blue:

I read your write up on the Bible's view of menstruation, childbirth, etc. I hate to ask this, but did you copy & paste all your info? NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I am capable of writing long emails!!!!! If not, I'd like to read your reference pieces. You mentioned you read something in a Questions from Readers.....which issue? I'm so unaware of the OT and its views on the matter. Where in the book of Corinthians does Paul degrade women? UMMMMM, I THOUGHT JWS GOT ALL THEIR DEGRADING VIEWS OF WOMEN FROM THE OT, AND SHE IS SAYING SHE DOESN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE OT???????? WHAT A WEIRD THING TO SAY! I THOUGHT JWS WERE BIBLE SCHOLARS! :) Also, I gather from the majority of what I read that you definitely believe that Jehovah is a loving God. He is. I said that????????? What is your reference for this info? (info regarding origins of Bible) Like how do you know there were a few different versions of Genesis, Revelation, etc.? Was it a "man's" side of the story? (ALL OF IT IS A MAN'S SIDE OF THE STORY, SO I DON'T KNOW WHERE SHE'S GOING HERE. THERE ARE NO FEMALE SIDES TO ANY OLD STORY, NOR IS THERE ANY ACTUAL GOD-PROVEN SIDE) Where do you think the human race came from? Evolution? Don't even go there! We aren't evolving today. (UMM LIKE, YEAH WE ARE. CHECK BACK WITH THE HUMAN RACE IN ABOUT 30 MILLION YEARS AND WE WILL BE MUCH DIFFERENT - IF WE MANAGE TO SURVIVE THAT LONG. THERE'S TONS OF PROOF THAT WE HAVE HAD CHANGES TO OUR SKELETONS IN ONLY A FEW HUNDRED YEARS. A MILLION YEARS IS A LOT LONGER! TRY A BILLION YEARS) The society encourages us to do our own research. You will NEVER be "banned" from your family for asking questions. BUT, LIKE I SAID, I WOULD BE BANNED FOR QUESTIONING THEIR "DIVINE AUTHORITY" If you want to know the names of the members on the governing body, they are listed along with their pictures in a recent publication (WT or AW). I can pull that for you. They're not elusive. They do not make anyone's decisions. WHATEVA They provide Jehovah's people with spiritual food at the proper time. GAG, THEY ARE BAD COOKS. ADD LOTS OF SALT TO WHAT THEY ARE FEEDING YOU! We make our own decisions based on that. AND IF IT'S THE WRONG ONE, BANNED. And when it comes down to it, the scripture in Acts 5:29 says that "we must obey GOD as ruler, rather than men". The members of the gov. body closely adhere to that. They are very humble. Charles Russell, the first president of the WBTS was very well off financially. His father had numerous clothing stores up north. He was heir to his dad's fortune. He could have continued getting richer & richer. We all know the rich control the world. Instead he invested all his money in the printing of literature to further the work. He also did not allow collections at meetings. Then after all his money was gone, he depended on contributions to continue the work. That was unsolicited contributions. So there is absolutely nothing grandiose about him. The next ones that succeeded him were humble also. I can give you info on that; too much to type. I CAN GIVE YOU MY COPY OF CRISES OF CONSCIENCE.... TOO MUCH TO TYPE AS WELL, IT'S A BIG BOOK Evidence proves that there was a global flood. SHOW ME. THE EARTH IS A WATER PLANET. WATER DOESN'T JUST COME INTO OUR ATMOSPHERE, THEN LEAVE. BUT A HELLA LOTA WATER HAD TO JUST APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE TO OVERFLOW OUR ALREADY HUGE OCEANS AND THEN COVER THE LAND TOO. I GUESSTHAT MAKES IT A TRUE STORY, SINCE IT HAD TO BE A MIRACLE. OF COURSE, ALIENS COULD HAVE SYPHONED THE WATER FROM A DISTANT WATER PLANET TO DROWN THOSE PEOPLE, SO THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY TO GET GOD OUT OF THE EQUATION Noah & his family (8 in all) that survived this catastrophy. The rest of humanity at that time were destroyed. Why? Because they totally disobeyed God and refused to heed the warning given them. NO, BECAUSE JEHOVAH IS A CRY-BABY WHO LOVES TO WATCH LITTLE PEOPLE AND CUTE ANIMALS FLOATING, DEAD, AND BLOATED. I LOVE THAT GUY...The world was full of violence thanks to the Nephilim. It was very deserving of destruction by God; yes, a loving God. WHY NOT JUST KILL NEPHILIM? PROBLEM SOLVED And, yes, he will destroy the vast majority of people at Armageddon who, like those in Noah's day, refused to heed the warning. I'm sure you can think of many reasons why our loving Father would see it necessary to destroy those who kill for no reason, those who are destroying the earth and the animals on it. The world today is full of bad. OH, YES I FORGOT THAT ALL NON-WITNESSES ARE MURDERERS. ACTUALLY, JEHOVAH IS A MURDERER AND HE NEEDS TO DROWN.. God's purpose for the earth is for it to be filled with perfect people and for it to become a Paradise. AW HOW SWEET. I HAVE AN AQUARIUM FULL OF FISH AND I LOVE IT WHEN THEY WORSHIP ME TOO, SO I CAN SEE WHY THE MAKER OF THE UNIVERSE NEEDS TO WATCH TINY PEOPLE IN A PARADISE FISH BOWL WORSHIP HIM If He doesn't bring about destruction of the wicked, that purpose could not be accomplished. AND WICKED MEANS -NOT A WITNESS. SINCE HE LIKES KILLING SO MUCH, WHY DOESN'T HE JUST CAUSE OUR SUN TO EXPLODE AND TRY TO START FROM SCRATCH? OH WAIT, HE COULD HAVE DONE THAT BACK WHEN THERE WERE LIKE, 2 PEOPLE ON EARTH REMEMBER: He only needs 2 to populate the earth. ??? The Bible says that the vast majority would be on that broad road to destruction. The small minority (6.5 million) would be on the narrow road to life. The issue at stake was Jehovah's right to rule and his universal sovereignty. That along with the sanctification of Jehovah's name. AND IF THIS WAS A FOOTBALL GAME, JEHOVAH'S SCORE WOULD BE SO TINY COMPARED TO SATAN'S Where did you come up with this idea: That's because that conversation between God and the Devil never took place. It was written in an attempt to explain where we come from and why we suffer, and it was written by a man who was very superstitious in his belief system. I CAME UP WITH IT WHEN I DECIDED THAT THE BIBLE IS JUST A BOOK! I can understand why you wouldn't run to the Catholics. They don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They have no knowledge of anything Biblical. They aren't sure of the names of the first man and woman created. WTF?? YEAH UMM..EVERYONE KNOWS ADAM AND EVE. I EVEN BOUGHT MY DILDO AND BUTTPLUGS AT A SITE CALLED ADAMANDEVE. If Armageddon does not come about (as per your beliefs), man will bring about destruction of the human race along with the earth (the only home we have). How healthy is that? HEALTHY ENOUGH. HEALTHY BECAUSE IT'S REALISTIC. BUT I'M SURE WE'LL FIND OUR WAY OUT OF IT SOMEHOW. MAYBE WHEN THE ALIENS COME TO SAVE US? THEY ARE MORE REAL THAN JAH, AND THEY HAVE KILLED NO PEOPLE, SO I TRUST THEM MORE Have you talked to Aunt xxx lately? Ya'll share similar views. Is that coincidence? YES IT IS COINCIDENCE. WHY WOULD I NEED ANOTHER FAMILY MEMBER THAT I DO NOT KNOW VERY WELL TO HELP ME DECIDE THINGS FOR MYSELF? As to the origin of the Bible and whether it has been tampered with over the centuries. That's another email............I'm getting tired. THAT'S ANOTHER EMAIL BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHERE YOUR BIBLE CAME FROM I shared your views with Dad. He said that by saying there's something wrong with him for crying about your situation, it's like calling someone "homophobic"; like there's nothing wrong with queers. WHAT? NOW THEY ARE TELLING ME MY DAD IS HOMOPHOBIC? IS HE THAT INSECURE? WHAT'S WRONG WITH GAYS ANYHOW? He says he's invested so much in you and is very disappointed. He's sorry he's failed to follow Jehovah's instructions on how to raise you. Now he's reaping what he has sown. I WOULD HAVE FIGURED IT OUT SOONER OR LATER He will no longer talk about religion to you unless you ask. His tears are dried up; he's gotten over the "funeral" or the loss of a loved one. Sorry, this is his feelings and beliefs. SORRY, I AM NOT DEAD You've said you've figured all this out with your own logic and understanding. Do not you think we have any logic/understanding/experience? RIGHT, I THINK YOU ARE BRAINWASHED WITH NO LOGIC.

• Schism
    Schism

Yes, I knew my letter was a tad long. I felt like if I had said something short, and hysterical like Jah being a tyrant, lol, they wouldn't take it seriously. Unfortunately, my tactic of debunking the Bible and WTS didn't work either.

What I really want to say is, "Mom, I am a fricking atheist. I don't need religion or god in my life. I want to worship myself!!! It makes me happy, and I don't want to live forever anyway! P.S. I can't wait for the aliens to land!" LMAO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit