Giant Sequoias, Sequoia National Park, California, May 1999

Empire State Building, New York City, June 2002

• Twitch
    Twitch

Great shots. Excellent composition.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Leolaia,

You're good at this photo lark, aint ya? Have to agree about the blossom shot; beautifully structured.

Kerj and Crumples,

Haven't they finished that damn church yet?

tim

• stillajwexelder
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Leolaia, you got me on that abandoned car also. I really enjoyed that photo. You know, I eep coming back to this thread just to take another peek. I REALLY REALLY like your shots Leolaia. Now I am double mad I did not get to meet you when you were in Dallas. Just about 10 minutes from myu home. Grrrrrr.

Decki

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

You have a good eye for composition. Plus you've been blessed with traveling quite a large portion of the earth. Good for you on both counts.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Great photos, I always love those cherry blossoms they seem to express the Japanese soul and culture so much. Also the sequoias with the sunburst effect.

• RAF
    RAF

... ... (more, more, more)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sparkplug....I do hope to visit again; Dallas had a lot of fascinating stuff and of course it is the epicenter of JWD-dom. The abandoned car was actually one of several classic '50s cars that were just sitting there abandoned in the hills. I shot it at a slight angle to emphasize the hill slope. greendawn....The sunburst effect was created by the controlled burning the park staff was doing in the area. There was enough smoke in the air to give me those awesome rays. As for the Empire State Building shot, this is a personal favorite. I wanted a picture of the building that eliminated the ground clutter and busy hustle-bustle of cars, pedestrians, etc. So I found a concrete planter on the sidewalk that had these violets growing in it. I thought it would be a great and pleasant way to block out the foreground, so I laid down on my stomach on the sidewalk and shot upward from a few inches above the pavement, through the violets, upward to the Empire State Building in the distance. I had to shoot from a very, very low angle to get this view. Imagine being sprawled out on a busy New York sidewalk with people rushing to and fro. I also got into the right position so that there was one flower pointing to the left, one in the middle, and one on the right, and the building seems to rise from the plant like another blossom. And it nicely blocked out the crazy busyness of the place and made the scene rather serene and quiet in the photo. stilla....I have yet to behold a waterfall with the awesome power and beauty of a Niagara or Victoria. Hopefully one of these days!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Woman walking her dog, Newport, Rhode Island, June 2005

Street scene in Porto, Portugal, June 2003

Street scene in Todos Santos, Mexico, January 2007

Street scene in Morioka, Japan, July 2004

Mountain lake in the Sierras, California, May 2003

Man carting appliances in the city street, Xian, China, July 2004

Pangkor Laut, Malaysia, August 2002

Motorcycles parked outside a dilapidated building, Locke, California, September 2005

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit