Leolaia's Scenic Travel Photos

by Leolaia 114 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

kerj2leev....Where were those pics taken? Turkey? Morocco?

Sparkplug....Yeah, the cherry blossoms pic is one of my all-time favorites. I like the composition with the three rowboats on the left, middle, and right, and how they are framed on both sides by the blossoms. In the Golden Gate pic, I like how the people are dwarfed by the gigantic bridge. Similarly, I like how the house is dwarfed by the immense cumulus cloud in the Wales pic. I should also note that the Wales, Kuala Lumpur, and Thailand pics were taken from vehicles travelling at high speed. I used a gray filter in the Thailand pic to make the clouds more ominous. The Dunhuang pic is a simple candid shot that captured the feel of the place pretty well. The Kakadu photo was taken just before sunset so there is a golden glow throughout the photo, and I like how the croc is slinking slowly into the water while many species of birds eat casually in the middle ground and background.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

WOW!!!

I scrolled down the page and thought when I got to the green hills, hmm that sort of scenery looks familiar - and it was!

The immediate contrast between that and the Kuala Lumpur pic was breathtaking. What an amazing and diverse world we inhabit

• RAF
    RAF

... ...

• atypical
    atypical

Leolaia - those are beautiful photos. I especially love your shot of the Petronas towers in Kaula Lumpur. Those buildings are at the top of my travel wish-list.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Sparkplug....Yeah, the cherry blossoms pic is one of my all-time favorites. I like the composition with the three rowboats on the left, middle, and right, and how they are framed on both sides by the blossoms. In the Golden Gate pic, I like how the people are dwarfed by the gigantic bridge. Similarly, I like how the house is dwarfed by the immense cumulus cloud in the Wales pic. I should also note that the Wales, Kuala Lumpur, and Thailand pics were taken from vehicles travelling at high speed. I used a gray filter in the Thailand pic to make the clouds more ominous. The Dunhuang pic is a simple candid shot that captured the feel of the place pretty well. The Kakadu photo was taken just before sunset so there is a golden glow throughout the photo, and I like how the croc is slinking slowly into the water while many species of birds eat casually in the middle ground and background.

Ah the cherry blossom was indeed the one I eyeballed the most. Just wonderful! You know, I went back and looked at all you wrote about again and I must say I am even more impressed. Down to the light on the table in the marketplace. These are very mood setting. They take you right there. Maybe that is whey I like the three I picked so much. You know there are times you stand at places and things seem so big or so real. Your senses are alive and everything is so crisp or so pink. Like the blossom picture. You captured that.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

alt

alt

From a few years ago. Cologne Germany.

W.Once

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Tamen Negara National Park, Malaysia, July 2002

Train depot in Tokyo, Japan, July 2004

Farm scene in Brattleboro, Vermont, June 2005

Alabama Hills, near Death Valley, California, December 2004

Stonehenge, Surrey, England, August 2001

Aerial view of Sydney, Australia, September 2006

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Sparkplug....In the Dunhuang picture, I even feel my tastes stimulated seeing those bowls of spices and food.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

kerj2leev....Where were those pics taken? Turkey? Morocco?

They were taken in Barcelona, Spain.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

atypical....Here are some more perspectives of the Petronas Twin Towers:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit