Leolaia's Scenic Travel Photos

by Leolaia 114 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

View from Mount Sugarloaf in Massachusetts, July 2005.

• juni
    juni

Beautiful picture Leolaia....thanks for sharing with us. Were you in a small plane?

Juni

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Hey Leo,

Glad to see you posting more pics!

tim

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks, the picture was actually taken on the hill itself, overlooking the town. It was also a beautiful day as you can see, pretty hot though.

• ninja
    ninja

leo...your pics are amazing...just thought I'd say

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Leo,

Stunning shots, most of them.

Last summer in our road trip that carried us through Lindsborg, Ks, I went into an art gallery. As always, I was attracted to the photography portion. It, too, was stunning.

The husband of the gallery's owner then approached me and introduced himself as Jim Richardson. I immediately recognized that name as one among the many credits below most of the photographic pieces. I told him, in my weak attempt to compliment him, that they appeared good enough to appear in National Geographic, the magazine. He modestly proceeded to tell me that's exactly how he earns his living, that his wife, in fact, runs the studio.

I share this experience, not in any way to hijack your wonderful thread but to tell you that in my humble opinion, your work is in that same class. I cannot compliment you any more than that. His link, by the way, follows:

http://web.mac.com/jrichardson4754/iWeb/Photography/RICHARDSON%20PHOTOGRAPHY.html

Thanks for taking the time in sharing your work.

Fats

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Leolaia,

You are quite the journalist - whether by visuals or by words! I've been an armchair traveler for years, save for a junket to Australia. I'm thinking of trading in my "armchair" for a more mobile form of seated travel. Those shots are quite fetching!
    Many thanks for your contributions - here and abroad.

CoCo

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi Leo,

You ever thought of getting these awesome photos published?

I almost feel like I'm there.

Do you have any of the Washington DC area? I'd like to see those or maybe California?

Keep 'em coming! Great photos.

YC

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Thanks, ninja and CoCo. That's a very kind comparison, Fatfreek, but I really don't think I'm at the level of Jim Richardson (yet), my photos are still quite shapshotty, while his are much more artistic. One thing I see in a lot of Richardson's photos is a wider use of filters and slower shutter speeds; as I don't usually carry a tripod or carry many filters, I kind of lose out on some interesting composition opportunities. But I'm learning.

YoursChelbie...I've got some of the D.C. area, and I'll look for more from California.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The United States Supreme Court, Washington D.C., May 2005.

Interior of the Library of Congress, Washington D.C., May 2005.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit