How much do you spend on groceries each month?

by aSphereisnotaCircle 40 Replies latest social family

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

For a family of 3 ..... about $(US) 150 per week ... or $600 per month.

Rub a Dub

• forsharry
    forsharry

wow...orgies...for $600 a month! What a steal! ;)

Now groceries on the other hand...probably about $250 a month in Virginia. That's for two people...but we also eat out some so that price goes into a different pile than groceries. :)

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I've started a thread just for you Crumpet

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/18/130572/1.ashx

I'm curious about that now too.

• onacruse
    onacruse

asinac, you asked me about our raised-bed gardens. I too built them with wood (KD fir), and painted them inside and out. They'll probably last 3-4 years...but by then I'll have enough money to built a permanent, much bigger garden, with high-strength reinforced concrete and underground heating systems and automatic sprinklers, and a riding tiller...oh, oh, oh!

But don't tell Kate! LOL

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

We spend about $500 because we eat all kinds of weird food. -- Fresh veggies, lean cuts of meat .. you know what I mean. .. Then I eat at McDonald's every single morning. I get an egg McMuffin and milk. I sometimes get leftovers and sometimes go out for lunch.

Renee

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I think i must be ill - I literally glanced at the thread title and went wide eyed - I thought it asked "How much do you spend on orgies each month?" Whew!

Don't feel badly, Crumpet. I saw the same thing and was avoiding this thread because I don't have the funds to spend on orgies!

• Clam
    Clam

I find that having a greenhouse where I grow cucumbers and bananas, helps me with budgeting both grocery and orgy expenses.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

We spend about 450 on groceries and another 7-800 on eating out easily.

abr

• greendawn
    greendawn

"I think our weekly shop bill ranges from £35 - £60 depending what we need." That's really good for a family of four, it shows how much a household can save when the housewife prepares most of the food at home.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    much bigger garden, with high-strength reinforced concrete and underground heating systems and automatic sprinklers,

Ooooh, I may swoon, it's hard to imagine such bliss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit