How much do you spend on groceries each month?

by aSphereisnotaCircle 40 Replies latest social family

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hiya asinac! Good to hear from ya agin.

Ooops, I forgot to mention that, I have a large garden for fresh produce in summer and I freeze some vegies.

Kate and I just set up three raised bed garden plots (about 200 tot sf), and I'm hoping that we can get some good stuff out of them this year (a bit shady back there, though, what with all the cedar trees).

I also have a couple of chickens that keep us in eggs during most of the year.

Geez, either ya'll don't eat many eggs, of those (2) hens are working at warp-speed! LOL

Craigster

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Thank you all for all your posts. It's nice to compare sometimes, and see if you can learn a new trick or two.

• dobbie
    dobbie

We've got an allotment plot plus in the summer igrow veg in pots in the garden. I'm veggie and the boys don't like much meat so a few nights a week we miss out the meat or fish which makes it cheaper - lentils are much cheaper than meat! We usually shop at Asda(walmart), but sometimes as a treat we go to sainsburys or even marks and spencers but not often. I cook from scratch and make batches of things to freeze, so i've always something handy to use, then we're not tempted to spend on takeaways or extras. I think our weekly shop bill ranges from £35 - £60 depending what we need.I get nappies every week, there are 4 of us plus a dog and rabbit.

• BFD
    BFD

I live alone and I have two dogs, two cats. I spend about $250 - $300 per month.

BFD

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I spend around $400.00 a month for 2 people. During the summer it's cheaper because there are alot of farms around us that sell fresh fruits, berries and veggies for less then grocery stores.

I loooove Trader Joes, I just wish they would sell more Produce.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I think i must be ill - I literally glanced at the thread title and went wide eyed - I thought it asked "How much do you spend on orgies each month?" Whew!

• free2think
    free2think
    thought it asked "How much do you spend on orgies each month?" Whew!

ROFLMAO Crumpet!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I'd say about 400.00 for one person cuz of a special diet. For me a loaf of bread and a bag of cookies is almost 20.00.

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand
    I think i must be ill - I literally glanced at the thread title and went wide eyed - I thought it asked "How much do you spend on orgies each month?" Whew!

Oh my God, I'm laughing so hard-that's hilarious!!!! Somebody's mind is in the gutter...hee hee.....

LIG

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well i've just been studying this Freud thing for my sociology class and it was all about slips in language reflecting what we are really thinking. But hey I was genuinely shocked! Especially when I scanned through and saw how cheap some people were getting their orgies for!

LMAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit