How much do you spend on groceries each month?

by aSphereisnotaCircle 40 Replies latest social family

• garybuss
    garybuss

We spend about $500 a month. $300 of that is for toilet paper.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

We spend less that $400 a month for groceries for the two of us, which includes all toiletries and other necessities. We eat mostly whole fresh fruits, veggies, grains and little meat, no soda, no junk foods and I do not spend a lot of time cooking, I hate to cook! I also use as many coupons as I can which are mostly for toiletries and paper items and shop at Costco for bulk items.

I used to feed a family of 7 back in the 80's and 90's on $100 a week and used lots of coupons but we ate crappy stuff and I did a lot of cooking. Our meals centered around meat and starchy filler foods with very little veggies or fruits. Lots of boxed cereal even though I resisted most of the time the presweetened ones I'm surprised we're all as healthy as we are cuz the kids were addicted to soda and I bought a case of that crap a week, bad mom. Oh and chips, potato, corn and tortilla.......bad, bad, bad. Most all of my kids are eating totally healthier foods now like me, yay!

• juni
    juni

Gary you are a trip!

For two adults - less that $400 a month. But that would include all the extras - TOILET PAPER, dog food for 2 dogs, shampoo, etc. etc.

• sspo
    sspo

Being alone I spend on average $28.50 a month ( sometimes less ).

Just trying to lose weight.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    $300 of that is for toilet paper.

LMAO, Gary! Lotsa womenz in yer house, or is yer whole family just "full of it" like you, chere? (j/k)

Frannie

• garybuss
    garybuss

Oh, and $150 of the remaining $200 is spent on plastic heavy duty trash can liners with yellow quick ties.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Oh, and $150 of the remaining $200 is spent on plastic heavy duty trash can liners with yellow quick ties.

LOL! To carry 290 dollars worth of that super dooper pooper scooper that the plumbing system can't handle, right?

• winnie
    winnie

About $2400 (AU$)

2 adults, 5 kids.

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

Geez, we just figured this out recently and have made some changes this month. Up until recently, we have been spending approximately $950.00 a month on food and household items. Crazy! Now I don't shop in our little small town grocery store and I make a trip to Costco each week. It takes quite a chunk out of my day but it is worth it.

We have a family of 2 adults, 3 pre-teens and a baby.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

there are two of us and we live in southern California. We spend about $125 a month at Von's buying staples including toilet paper, paper towels (so wasteful but my husband likes them), kleenex, cleaning supplies, cat food, etc. Then every couple of weeks another $125 or so at Trader Joe's, our spiritual home.

My husband is diabetic, I am on a diabetic prevention diet as I don't want to go that way too, so lots of veggies and fruit. Meat is expensive and not that good for us anyway, so trying to cut down, but unfortunately we both come from meat and potato families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit