How much do you spend on groceries each month?

by aSphereisnotaCircle 40 Replies latest social family

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

We spend about $500 per month. That's with a family of three, two adults and one small child. Included in that is dog and cat food, and other household items many people buy at the grocery store, such as shampoo, detergent, paper products etc.

Coupons make me crazy and I avoid them completely.

I am careful about my family's diet and try to buy healthy ingrediants and cook from scratch. Right now I would like to make a few changes that would incude 100-200 dollars more added to our grocery bill.

So how much do you spend?

• DJK
    DJK

380$ last month for two. An additional 500 per year to feed and maintain the koi pond. We have an 1800 sqft vegetable garden to help bring the cost down in the fall and some of the winter.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

between 125 and 150 a month.. i'm supposed to be eating healthier because of some health issues but dang fresh produce is expensive!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

We are just two adults, but our groc. bill is comparably the same as yours, including all the paper, laundry products and personal hygiene products, too. And we cook from scratch half the time.

Frannie

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    We have an 1800 sqft vegetable garden to help bring the cost down in the fall and some of the winter.

Ooops, I forgot to mention that, I have a large garden for fresh produce in summer and I freeze some vegies. I also have a couple of chickens that keep us in eggs during most of the year.

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

There are five of us(2 adults and three kids(two of which are teenagers)). I usually spend at least $200 a week, so $800 a month on groceries....YIKES! Insane.....LIG

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Around $500 (US) per month for two.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I spend about £100 per month for myself. I use good discount food shops eg Lidl and take advantage of special offers and promotions as the supermarkets fiercely compete with each other often with two for the price of one offers. Also buy fruit and veg from small local markets held once or twice per week rather than the supermarkets. English produce is usually very cheap when purchased directly from the farmers.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I used to spend under $200 per month for myself. In December my doctor diagnosed me with diabetes, and told me to severely cut back on carbs of any kind. I don't buy any pre-fab foods, and make everything from scratch now. I'm eating more meat now, and a lot more veggies, and I've lost 40 pounds. I'm also spending about $100 more every month.

W

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    severely cut back on carbs of any kind. I don't buy any pre-fab foods, and make everything from scratch now. I'm eating more meat now, and a lot more veggies, and I've lost 40 pounds. I'm also spending about $100 more every month.

No one here has diabetes, but that is the diet changes I am making.

Boy it sure bumps up your bill, doesn't it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit