Favourite quotes from films.....

by fifi40 103 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) from American Beauty

... it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst ...

And then I remember ... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry ... you will someday

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

From The Devil Wears Prada. Meryl Streep as Miranda:

Emily: Andrea, my God! You look so chic.

Andy Sachs: Oh, thanks. You look so thin.

Emily: Really? It's for Paris, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint I eat a cube of cheese. I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

[Miranda and some assistants are deciding between two similar belts for an outfit. Andy sniggers because she thinks they look exactly the same]Miranda Priestly: Something funny?

Andy Sachs: No, no, nothing. Y'know, it's just that both those belts look exactly the same to me. Y'know, I'm still learning about all this stuff.

Miranda Priestly: This... 'stuff'? Oh... ok. I see, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select out, oh I don't know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean. You're also blindly unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves St Laurent, wasn't it, who showed cerulean military jackets? And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of 8 different designers. Then it filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic casual corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and so it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room. From a pile of stuff.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Esqueleto: I don't believe in God..............I believe in science...........OKAY?!?!?

Nacho Libre: I ate some bugs

I ate some grass

I used my hand to wipe my.................................tears.

Both quotes from Nacho Libre

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" ------Dirty Harry

I'm not going to look up the entire quote, but the lines leading up to this are great too-
    about whether he fired 5 or 6 shots.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

How about some from Groundhog Day?

"Yeah, they're hicks Rita."

"This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather. "

"Nancy, she works in a dress shop and makes noises like a chipmunk when she gets really excited."

"I'm a god. I'm not the god... I don't think."

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Abandoned,

Bill Murray is a genius.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Abandoned,

Bill Murray is a genius.

Yep, I love the guy. There are some people whom you can just tell are very comfortable with who they are. Bill Murray is one of these.

But, to keep this on-topic (like that's bothered me before), here's a couple more:

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I."

"Hi. I'm Bob. Would you knock me out, please? Just hit me in the face."

"Is this some radical new therapy?"

"Don't order the Schnitzel, they're using Schnauzer."

"C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like we're going to Wisconsin."

"Well sir, we were heading to this bingo parlour at the YMCA. Well, one thing lead to another, things got fouled up and we ended up...."

"Now, are either of you homosexuals?"
    "You mean like flaming?"
    "Well, it's a question we have to ask all of our new recruits."
    "No, we're not homosexual, but we are willing to learn."

• prophecor
    prophecor

The strange ways in which we find love.

The Fisher King w/Jeff Bridges, Mercedes Rhuel & Robin Williams

It means " love conquers all."

I don't mean us.

I mean everybody else.

- Do you think it'll work out?
    - Who knows? Who knows?

Two people could be across from
    each other and never find each other.

Two others could be
    on opposite sides of the world...

...and nothing could keep them apart.

Who knows?

The thing is, if a thing is
    meant to happen...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

OK, one more. Now this isn't from a movie, but it's too hilarious not to post:

Maude Flanders: "Oh Neddy, I was terrified. I thought for sure I was headed toward the eternal bliss of paradise."

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Fletch:

"its all about ball bearings"

Fletch singing as he is going into his apt. "strangers in the night, exchanging clothing, strangers in my pants"

"charge it to Mr. Underhill's account"

"go ahead HUG A COP"

Fletch slipping into a convertible car that a kid is hot wiring to steal... they take off and the cops are chasing them:

kid: "you a cop"

Fletch: "as far as you know I am"

Fletch to kid (who has braces): "you got some nice grill work there, I bet it filters out the pollutants"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit