Favourite quotes from films.....

by fifi40 103 Replies latest jw friends

• behemot
    behemot

from "Love and death" (W. Allen):

Soldier: Oh, God is testing us.
    Boris: If He's gonna test us, why doesn't He give us a written?

--

Boris: Sonja, are you scared of dying?
    Sonja: Scared is the wrong word. I'm frightened of it.
    Boris: That's an interesting distinction.

--

Boris: Nothingness... non-existence... black emptiness...
    Sonja: What did you say?
    Boris: Oh, I was just planning my future.

--

[last lines]
    Boris: The question is have I learned anything about life. Only that human being are divided into mind and body. The mind embraces all the nobler aspirations, like poetry and philosophy, but the body has all the fun. The important thing, I think, is not to be bitter... if it turns out that there IS a God, I don't think that He's evil. I think that the worst you can say about Him is that basically He's an underachiever. After all, there are worse things in life than death. If you've ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman, you know what I'm talking about. The key is, to not think of death as an end, but as more of a very effective way to cut down on your expenses. Regarding love, heh, what can you say? It's not the quantity of your sexual relations that counts. It's the quality. On the other hand if the quantity drops below once every eight months, I would definitely look into. Well, that's about it for me folks. Goodbye.

Behemot

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgandy........

Ron Burgundy: I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal.
    Veronica Corningstone: Really.
    Ron Burgundy: People know me.
    Veronica Corningstone: Well, I'm very happy for you.
    Ron Burgundy: I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Ron Burgundy: You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered with hair.

Ron Burgundy: I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Frank Vitchard: I am gonna straight-up murder your ass.

Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
    Brian Fantana: Yep.
    Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
    Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.
    Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.
    Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see is we can make this little kitty purr.

Ron Burgundy: I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Veronica Corningstone: Jazz flute is for little fairy boys.

I love this movie....lol

• ninja
    ninja

Gretchen: Donnie Darko? What the hell kind of name is that? It's like some sort of superhero or something
    Donnie: What makes you think I'm not?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

[Upon learning the Police have found Delahunt's body and that he was a cop]
    Fitzy: I don't believe it.
    Mr. French: What can't you believe?
    Fitzy: I spent all f'ing night dragging the poor bastard in there. Tell me how they find him so fast? Somebody walking a f'ing dog ? What f'ing size a dog is that? Has to be a big f'ng dog, man. I spent all night doing it man.
    [pause, Frank stares at him]
    Fitzy: I'm embarrassed. I still don't believe he was a cop, I don't believe it.
    Frank Costello: The COPS... are saying he's a cop... so I won't look for the cop. Are you soft, Fitz? When I tell you... to dump a body in the marsh, you dump him *IN* the marsh. Not where some guy from John Hancock goes every Thursday, TO GET A F'ING B***JOB!
    [Fitzy laughs, Frank hits him]
    Frank Costello: Don't laugh! This ain't Reality TV!

And this..

Colin Sullivan: [to Madolyn] If we're not gonna make it, it's gotta be you that gets out, cause I'm not capable. I'm f'ing Irish, I'll deal with something being wrong for the rest of my life.

~~The Departed

• undercover
    undercover

The Devil's Advocate

John Milton (played by Al Pacino...picture Pacino in his greatest overacting role): "Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Guilt is like a bag of bricks, all you have to do is set them down, who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God?

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER! -

John Milton - Devils Advocate

• undercover
    undercover

LMAO....

I beat ya to it...LOL

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

B*****d! LOL

Gary

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

wow what are the chances of that

can anyone say parallel universes

undercoverRe: Favourite quotes from films.....

Post 4333 of 4334
    since 25-Sep-02

The Devil's Advocate

John Milton (played by Al Pacino...picture Pacino in his greatest overacting role): "Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"

IP: loNQ6qSq8mOwB2SR
    diamondblue1974Re: Favourite quotes from films.....

Post 3118 of 3118
    since 01-Feb-05

32 y 8 m 14 d

Guilt is like a bag of bricks, all you have to do is set them down, who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God?

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER! -

John Milton - Devils Advocate

IP: JSBUB2g7Er7NeX5B
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Count Rugen: [Inigo stands up after getting stabbed by a knife thrown by Count Rugen] Good heavens. Are you still trying to win?
    [Inigo falls back against the wall]
    Count Rugen: You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday
    Count Rugen: [Inigo falls back against the wall] You've got an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble someday.
    Count Rugen: [Rugen draws his sword and lunges at Inigo who then forces the blade to his left shoulder. Again Rugen lunges at Inigo and the blade is deflected to Inigo's right arm]
    Inigo Montoya: [Rugen swings his sword but Inigo blocks it and then begins advancing] Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.
    Inigo Montoya: [He falls on a table. Rugen attacks and Inigo blocks four times before he continues to advance on Rugen]
    Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.
    Count Rugen: [Now Rugen attacks five times and Inigo blocks every single one]
    Inigo Montoya: [Louder] Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die.
    Count Rugen: Stop saying that!
    Inigo Montoya: [Rugen attacks and Inigo blocks it and then stabs Rugen in the shoulder. Then Rugen swings his sword. Inigo ducks and stabs Rugen in the other shoulder. Then he advances quickly and they fight] Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father prepare to die!
    Count Rugen: [Rugen gets his sword knocked away and Inigo slices his cheek] No!
    Inigo Montoya: Offer me money
    Count Rugen: Yes
    Inigo Montoya: Power too promise that!
    [he slices Rugen's other cheek]
    Count Rugen: All that I have and more. Please.
    Inigo Montoya: Offer me everything I ask for.
    Inigo Montoya: Anything you want.
    Count Rugen: [Rugen attacks but Inigo grabs his arm and stabs Rugen in the stomach]
    Inigo Montoya: I want my father back you son of a bitch.
    [Inigo plunches the sword into Rugen's gut and he falls down dead]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit