Favourite quotes from films.....

by fifi40 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

"You're gonna need a bigger boat" -----Jaws

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" ------The Godfather

"Trust Me" ------Raiders of the Lost Ark

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine" ------Casablanca

"Dry up Dursley, you great prune!" ----Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

"Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings and call off Christmas!" -----Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

"I'll....be....right.....here" -----E.T.

"I swear, I got a knack for this shit." ----Thelma and Louise

• "What are you prepared to do?"
    • "Everything within the law"
    • And thenwhat are you prepared to do?"------The Untouchables
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • "I can't swim!"
    • LOL! Aw, ya crazy.....the fall'll probably kill ya!" ------Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • "We're looking for nuclear wessels;"
    • "Judging by the pollution content of the atmosphere, I believe we have arrived at the latter half of the 20th century;"
    • "Captain, there be whales here!" ------Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" ----Star Wars

"That's 'Frawn-ken-steen"------Young Frankenstein

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" ------Dirty Harry

"Houston, we have a problem" ----Apollo 13

• "I'll be back"
    • "Hasta la vista baby"------Terminator 2: Judgement Day

"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto" -----The Day the Earth Stood Still

"Get your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"------Planet of the Apes

• "He is the son of God, our Messiah, King of the Jews!"
    • "And that's Capricorn, is it?"
    • I think it was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'
    • Now, look! No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle! Do you understand?! Even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say 'Jehovah'------ Life of Brian
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Twich ... I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this part of the movie ...

Yea, Michael Palin did it perfectly. The look on his face and the delivery were priceless. Classic.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"Keep the change, you filthy animal!"

When kid from Home Alone was watching an old black & white film on tv. I actually say this to my kids all the time when I hand them money. LOL

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"It ain't got no gas in it", Carl

alt

Slingblade.

W.Once

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

The details of my life are quite inconsequential.... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon... luge lessons... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Wilma ritualistically shaved my testicles — there really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's quite breathtaking... I suggest you try it.

- Dr. Evil, in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

Now here is someone who would appreciate my "bio"

• Dagney
    Dagney

"Ever get lonesome?

For what?

Woman.

Full-time night woman?.....I packed me a squaw for ten years, pilgrim....Cheyenne she whah....meanest bitch that ever balled for beads.....I lodged-poled her in Deadwood Creek, and traded her for a Hawken gun!

But don't get me wrong, I loves the women I surely do. But I swear.....a women's breast...is the hardest rock that the almighty ever made...and I can find no sign on it".

Anybody know?? GYMBB

Jeremiah Johnson...Will Geer character to Jeremiah. (Just saw the movie again after many years a few weeks ago.)

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

You boys goin to pull them pistols; or whistle dixie?

The Outlaw Josie Wales

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

FROM "Steel Magnolias":

Shelby: "Daddy always says 'An ounce of pretention is worth a pound of manure.' "

FROM Erin Brockovich:

Kurt Potter: Wha... how did you do this?
    Erin Brockovich: Well, um, seeing as how I have no brains or legal expertise, and Ed here was losing all faith in the system, am I right?
    Ed Masry: Oh, yeah, completely. No faith, no faith...
    Erin Brockovich: I just went out there and performed sexual favors. Six hundred and thirty-four blow jobs in five days... I'm really quite tired.

Ed Masry: In a law firm you may want to re-think your wardrobe a little.
    Erin Brockovich: Well as long as I have one *ss instead of two I'll wear what I like if that's alright with you? You might want to re-think those ties.

Erin Brockovich: Did they teach you how to apologize at lawyer school? 'Cause you suck at it.

Erin Brockovich: Bite my *ss, Krispy Kreme!

FROM "A Fish Called Wanda":

Wanda: To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I've known sheep who could outwit you. I've worn dresses with higher IQs, but you think you're an intellectual, don't you, ape?
    Otto: Apes don't read philosophy.
    Wanda: Yes they do, Otto, they just don't understand it!

FROM "Pretty Woman":

(Kit is trying to cheer up Vivian.)
    Vivian: "Tell me one person who it's worked out for."
    Kit: "What, you want like a name? A name, a name, the pressure of a name... I got it. Cindafuckin'rella"

FROM "As Good as it Gets":

Frank: I grew up in hell! My grandmother has more attitude than you!

Carol: Fucking H.M.O. bastard pieces of sh*t!
    Beverly: Carol!
    Carol: Sorry.
    Dr. Martin Bettes: It's okay. Actually, I think that's their technical name.

Melvin Udall: I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence," and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me.

FROM "Miss Congeniality":

Gracie Hart: I am in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven't slept all night, I'm starved, AND I'm armed! Don't MESS with me!

Gracie Hart: Donut Nazi.

Eric Matthews: Operation "Thong" has commenced.
    Gracie Hart: Why don't you stun-gun yourself?
    Eric Matthews: I knew she'd like that one.

From "Brave Heart":

Stephen: [To William Wallace] The Almighty tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're f*cked.

[To William.]
    Stephen: If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
    Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?
    Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.
    [Looking heavenward.]
    Stephen: Yes, Father.
    [To William and his men.]
    Stephen: The Almighty says don't change the subject; just answer the f*cking question.

FROM "Tombstone":

Doc Holliday: I'm your Huckleberry.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

"O! That a man might know the end of this days business, err it come; But it sufficeth that the day will end and then the end is known. If we do meet again, why, we shall smile; if not, why then this parting was well made."

Gene Hackman as Col. Rhodes in "Uncommon Valor" quoting from Julius Caesar.

• Justice-One

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit