ONE !!!!!!! 1 ONESIE! Baptism this weekend!

by MinisterAmos 41 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

A child about eight y/o got dunked this Circuit convention and that was it!

about 850 in attendance.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

A child about eight y/o got dunked this Circuit convention and that was it!

The days of the wts baptising infants come ever closer

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I wonder what they would do if there was NO one getting baptized at an assembly?? Would they cancel the baptism talk? Have a Special Needs assembly talk? Recruit stand-in baptism-ees to sit in those seats and get dunked?

GGG

• Honesty
    Honesty

They gotta instill that fear love for Jehovah in them at an early age or they just might "drift" away.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

believe it or not,thats one more than got baptized at the last one day assembley i went to.

• Zico
    Zico

8 years old... That's so wrong.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Let's say someone wanted to be baptised before an assembley or convention, would the WTS consent or have the person wait?

• sir82
    sir82
    I wonder what they would do if there was NO one getting baptized at an assembly??

Other posters have commented that they proceed with the baptism talk, but it's more along the lines of "remember back when you got baptized? Here's what you agreed to" kind of thing. Not quite sure what happens when they get to the part where the speaker is supposed to ask the 2 questions to teh baptismal candidates though.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Outstanding!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Awesome. I had this happen in my circuit as well. The one giving the talk was so thrown off by that. As for the question of someone getting baptized at another convention, it is rare but has been done. Particularly if the reason is due to extenuating circumstances.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit