ONE !!!!!!! 1 ONESIE! Baptism this weekend!

by MinisterAmos 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Caine
    Caine

WOW i cant believe this is happening. I dont think this religion has another 30 years in it

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

An eight year old kid. And they say they don't have infant baptism, what a load of bull...

I think there were six baptized at my last assembly. We'll see how much it is next time.

A new 19 year-old MS conducted the meeting for FS and when he tried to put an oldr sister in with a group that she didn't like she bowed up on him. When he insisted, she said, "Listen Junior, I don't give a damn how much holy spirit you think got you appointed you were still shi**ing yellow when I had been pioneering for over 20 years. Don't you ever forget it, either." She put herself in the car group she wanted in. I just looked and chuckled under my breath.

Heh, poor guy. I had that in mind whenever I conducted a meeting, so if anyone older had a suggestion of how to do things, or complained, it was always easier to just let them have their way. No point in trying to fight people if they have a better idea. Some of them knew me when I was waddling around in diapers, so I really can't pretend to be Mr. Authority with them all....

• jeanV
    jeanV
    I wonder what they would do if there was NO one getting baptized at an assembly??
    Other posters have commented that they proceed with the baptism talk, but it's more along the lines of "remember back when you got baptized? Here's what you agreed to" kind of thing. Not quite sure what happens when they get to the part where the speaker is supposed to ask the 2 questions to teh baptismal candidates though.

I have already seen it a couple of times. talk and no questions. I also witnessed a hilarious one, when the speaker did not know there was a candidate

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

"Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously by WTS standards)"

Whenever I see this sig line I think of all the constipated looking elders of my youth. You know-they get kind of puffed up and red---cause they are exerting so vigorously all the time:)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Only 1 baptized? such a decline in baptisms is evidence that it's right around the corner.

30 baptized? such a rich increase in baptisms is evidence that it's right around the corner.

Fats

• mama1119
    mama1119

Only 1 baptized? such a decline in baptisms is evidence that it's right around the corner.

30 baptized? such a rich increase in baptisms is evidence that it's right around the corner.

Fats

Those were my thoughts exactly!!

• anewme
    anewme

The whole situation makes me SHUDDER!!! I mean its so creepy!!! They spend hours and hours trying to interest people in their religion and for what???? NO ONE IS INTERESTED!!! GET IT?????
    Its terribly abusive of the headquarters to insist the witnesses keep pounding the pavement when obviously the results are very poor.

Its been noted before here that if they really wanted to make some converts and fulfill their supposed mission as Christ's anointed followers, why are they not also using radio, tv, recordings to get the message out? They are a huge multi million dollar organization and they cant do that??? They did it before with HUGE SUCCESS!

Its just creepy to me. They make rag tag mothers and children and uneducated blue collar workers on Lexapro and Prozac represent the most important message to the people of this earth, who if they fail to respond will be destroyed by Jesus and his angels at Harmageddon. And they call on them on Sats, Sundays and Holidays of all days and during the Super Bowl!

I remember going out in service and being told to do a professional office building with a Kingdom News Tract. I balked at calling on dentists and lawyers. But this guy, armed with his faith and his tracts barged even into a psychiatrist's office while the doctor had a patient! I remember hearing the doctor cry out "This is highly inappropriate!!!" to the brother who sheepishly apologized and backed out the door. WHAT DID THAT ACCOMPLISH? ILL TELL YOU....THE DOCTOR THOUGHT WE WERE STUPID, THE PATIENT THOUGHT WE WERE STUPID AND I THOUGHT WE WERE STUPID. The moronic stories of 35 years of field service with the witnesses could fill a book!

I swear this is one of my biggest peaves with the witnesses! LET YOUR CONDUCT AND YOUR HAPPY FAMILY LIFE SHINE AS YOUR WITNESS ABOUT YOUR RELIGION AND YOUR GOD. LET PEOPLE ASK YOU WHAT YOUR RELIGION IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SO IMPRESSED!!!

ok, im done ranting,

Anewme

• willyloman
    willyloman

One can only imagine the whacky reasoning that resulted in letting an 8 year old get baptized. The winning argument was probably: "Yes, but without him, nobody will be baptized at this assembly and we can't let that happen."

• Highlander
    Highlander
    I remember going out in service and being told to do a professional office building with a Kingdom News Tract. I balked at calling on dentists and lawyers. But this guy, armed with his faith and his tracts barged even into a psychiatrist's office while the doctor had a patient! I remember hearing the doctor cry out "This is highly inappropriate!!!" to the brother who sheepishly apologized and backed out the door. WHAT DID THAT ACCOMPLISH? ILL TELL YOU....THE DOCTOR THOUGHT WE WERE STUPID, THE PATIENT THOUGHT WE WERE STUPID AND I THOUGHT WE WERE STUPID. The moronic stories of 35 years of field service with the witnesses could fill a book!

Well, just maybe, the patient was a former-dub seeing his therapist. After the dub barged in unannounced, the therapist was then able to see how fanatical the dubs are

and truly understand his patient.

• dobbie
    dobbie
    One of the reasons i liked the look of the religion initially was because they said they don't baptise/christen children, but wait until they are adult enough to know their own minds properly. What a bunch of lies i was fed!Poor kid, he/she will have so much to live up to, i couldn't do it as an adult. let alone an eight yr old.Sick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit