Will the WTBTS come to an end?

by pierogi 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

When Daniel 2:44 is fulfilled, there will only be the one way of worship. Everyone else will be gone, or in the process of being resurrected.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

No claims have been made by the Society concerning 2014. However, just as the number 1000 (a millenium) has an impact on humans for no logical reason, so too does 100 (a century). The subconscious mind will cause many to say to themselves when that year passes uneventful,"wait a minute, wasn't something supposed to happen by now?"

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

2014 is the 100 year anniversary of Christ's invisible presence (under current light).
    It is the date they pinned all importance to, then detached the "generation" from.

Many will question the time of the end arriving soon, when 100 years has passed,
    all the anointed should be dead, the Governing Body starts appointing other sheep.

You will see the WTS reinventing itself many times in your lifetime. Most of their
    decisions are finance-based, and they are too little, too late. They will try a bunch of
    stuff in the next few years, more in our lifetimes.

You and I will almost certainly not see the end of the entire organization in our lifetimes,
    but I hope I am wrong. New recruits are rare because of the information superhighway.
    This will continue. People will learn of the WTS past and not join. Teens grow up and
    leave the WTS in droves. BUT- new markets will be tapped. In the US and other places,
    foreign language congregations pop up. They search for the people who feel out of place
    where they are at (like other cults do). They may continue to expand into places where
    the average person doesn't have internet access. The problem there is that the average
    person doesn't have the money the WTS needs, either.

I expect severe reductions over the next decade, but little successes will happen to some
    of their reinvention efforts. There will be efforts to retain the children better, baptize them
    earlier. There may be a campaign to win back the disfellowshipped ones. None of their
    efforts will sustain positive numbers. They will continue to shrink back. I think they will
    never top 7 million, negative numbers will overwhelm them in 3 to 5 years. But the shrinking
    process will happen slowly, unless the ranks abandon the sinking ship (could happen)
    because of ridiculous demands upon them, a scandal, new light that nobody swallows, or
    they just wake up.

I think over 100 years from now, you would not recognize the organization as what it was.
    Perhaps the hardcore JW's will live in a compound formed in Patterson.

• pierogi
    pierogi

Oh ok, thanks. I thought if they predicted something I would have read about it by now. Anyway, they would never predict anything again, just IMPLY, then later blame the flock.

• onacruse
    onacruse

I agree with jwfacts...No, the WTS will not end. It, after all, appeals to and represents a cross-section (however small that might be) of humanity that finds a need for, and a satisfaction in, that particular religious structure. As bizarre and illogical and indefensible and incongruous as their teachings may have/have been/are over the last century, nevertheless it has become (as has every religion since the dawn of humankind) a social dynamic in its own psychological domain.

Thus, Mormons, and Adventists, and Quakers, et. al.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    When Daniel 2:44 is fulfilled, there will only be the one way of worship. Everyone else will be gone, or in the process of being resurrected.

Now there's an incentive to be a JW! Worship this way or die, even if you're an infant! A "god" who makes such a demand must be pretty desperate if cheap threats are the only way to get worship. Someone like that deserves contempt, not worship.

Will the WTBTS come to an end?

If the watchtower came to an end I'm sure some members would form splinter groups, some more liberal than the watchtower, and some more abusive. W

• pierogi
    pierogi

OnTheWayOut,

What you said about the JW population not reaching 7 million reminds me of when I was comparing the 2005 and 2006 reports on their site last night. There population did raise slightly, but what I found interesting was that the memorial attendance decreased and the number of partakers increased! lol I think all those people are just phonies! Is there anyone on this board that has partaken and feels differently?

• pierogi
    pierogi

They have only been around for about 100 years. That is not along time. The thing is that they try and trap them in because they don't want their families to shun them. The only thing I hope is that their statistics will worsen and people will ask them selves why aren't they better if this is Jehovah's organization.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    What you said about the JW population not reaching 7 million

That was just a guess based on data now available. Different efforts of theirs might have different results
    from the current expectations. You noticed Memorial attendence and partakers. The JWD has speculated
    that they will crack down on partakers and people thinking they are anointed. They need to get those
    partakers numbers down.

Anyway, they would never predict anything again, just IMPLY, then later blame the flock.

You are thinking like a rational person. They don't always do that. Many on the GB are captive to the
    concept that they ARE God's representatives. They also see the success of the pre-1925 and pre-1975
    campaigns to drive up numbers. The repercussions were smaller losses than the gains. You are
    probably right, but expect more of the same bold implications that the end is "just around the next corner."
    These old guys might make one big last-ditch effort that should last past their life-expectancy and just
    be damned with the future for the organization. My personal favorite- They might say that God declared
    120 years for mankind before the flood. 120 years from 1914 brings us to 2034. The youngest GB members
    now are in their 50's (I believe) They should be dead by 2034 or too old to care. They might even believe their
    own garbage if they try this. The other sheep who inherit the GB positions will have to blame the flock for
    misunderstanding, or run off with the money, since the HQ could have been moved out to a small island before
    this happens. Fun to speculate. Who knows what they will try.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    When Daniel 2:44 is fulfilled, there will only be the one way of worship

While I don't have much confidence in Daniel 2:44, or any other scripture, being fulfilled, if it does happen, the way of worship won't be the jw way. They will have gone the way of all other cults, and been destroyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit