Will the WTBTS come to an end?

by pierogi 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pierogi
    pierogi

Cults come and go so do you think the WTBTS will eventually come to an end? I think about this sometimes and I wonder if I will live to see it. The reason why I want it to end is because I don't like the administration. But I don't know how the WTBTS could fall apart since many are so loyal to them. There are certain hard core witnesses that are so loyal to the "faithful and discreet slave" that I don't know if they would ever question them, but instead defend them.

I think if the WBTS ended it would have to be because of the administration in some way. Maybe there could be some kind of revolt or disagreement within the administration. I used to wonder what they'd do when all the governing body members die, but they would just add new ones.

Do you guys think the WTBTS will ever come to an end and if yes, how do you think it will happen?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Yes. Tax evasion.

~Sue

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Tax evasion maybe, or perhaps a slow death due to most of the young ones realizing how false their religion is. How soon is "Armageddon is coming soon" when there are 5 generations of JWs before you?

• Zico
    Zico

It will end when it runs out of money.

• jeanV
    jeanV

It will, but I do not expect it in the near future.

the end delayed won't be a major issue for hardcore jw . There are about 1.x billion of Chinese atheists to preach to. It takes an average of 4-5 years to convert one of them, so there is still plenty to do in the work of the Lord to justify that the end has not come yet.

Publishers will be kept busy and away from thinking with more global campaigns, starting with memorial of 2007.

money is and will be the main issue.

It will be interesting to see 2014 come and go.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

No, at least not for decades or even 100's of years. There are many wacky religions that have been around for centuries. What will happen is that it will morph over time in an effort to stay relevant and not loose all its members.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Unfortunately, I think jwfacts has it right. They will continue to "update" themselves forever. Having said that, the psychological impact of 2014 passing will shake many, especially 25-50 y.o.'s. Many around me have felt comfortable expressing their true feelings on matters and the common consensus is "Oh well, even it doesn't come in my lifetime, it's gonna happen oneday. This is still a good way of life, and besides where else are you gonna go?"

I'm in the above-mentioned age group and I never heard anyone talking that way 10 years ago. Many seem to be preparing themselves emotionally for the disappointment of a lifetime, whilst going through the motions. It's wonderful that there exist support groups like this(j-wd) to help those waking up from years of suspension of disbelief. I also think that this change to the publishing the Watchtower will raise many an eyebrow. I hope it's legit, but I'm still having trouble believing it.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Cults disapear but the WT hasn't because it has been sneeky enough to lie transform and adapt. The WT will keep lieing morphing but it is the curious minds with access to the internet that will discover the WT lies changes throughout time and judje by themselves. THAT is why the internet is diabolical liberating.

• pierogi
    pierogi

2014? The Watchtower is predicting Armageddon? Can someone fill me in?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Something's got to happen to the money, first. Tax evasion might get them, or just being bled dry through lawsuits (if a really dynamite one gets them). You attack the money, then you kill off the upcoming leadership (or lack of leadership, really).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit