Will the WTBTS come to an end?

by pierogi 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Isaiah 11:9

They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.

Isaiah 11 is a wonderful reminder of the Paradise soon ahead.

• Marcel
    Marcel

im 53 in 2034 :(
    waiting until then to have another evidence for being the jw a false religion is very expensive.

• metatron
    metatron

The organization is losing three things, generally:

Contributions

Young people

and Elders, at least in the western nations.

They will not survive by "updating" because they refuse to reform or change. People who talk about

"new light" are talking about the past, in which Fred Franz had the gravitas to change things. This

has been replaced by sterility and a Governing Body that can't agree on much of anything.

The Watchtower is decaying, quietly rotting away , while claiming progress. Witnesses are

closing their wallets in response.

metatron

• done4good
    done4good

If the WTS is going to survive, they will have to morph, (as many religions have done). Somehow, I doubt this will happen though. Today, they are far too stodgy, for the world in which we live, (i.e. the Internet, Cable news, etc). Unless something happens soon, (it won't), they will loose numbers in droves. They may successfully tap other markets, but most of those markets don't have the deep pockets the org. needs. Having said that, I don't see any wholesale "end" happening soon. Just a significant reduction of numbers that will hurt them, and force them to sell off properties and assets. Once these are depleted, then maybe...

j

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Your points are well taken metatron and done4good. I hope my parents live to see a huge decrease.

Thanks also to onthewayout for your interesting observations.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Jeanv,

Yes that's it. Keep so busy with your routine, injected sporadically with special campaigns and "new(inconsequential) light, that you have no time think or evaluate. Yes dear ones it's that thinking, that evil, nefarious independent thinking that gets us into trouble. We'll take care of the thinking for you. Just stay busy! If you're already doing alot just do a little more and maybe just maybe you'll get everlasting life. Oh wait a second there's gonna be another test in about a thousand years. If you screw up after that- VAPORIZED. Are you tired, anxious, nerves frazzled? Great! Now you depend on us to make you feel better. "How?" you ask. Why with another special campaign to give your life purpose, silly rabbit.

P.S. Sorry to all those offended by sarcasm. I can't help it.

• blondie
    blondie

The Catholic Church survived the Reformation.

The WWCOG survived the death of Herbert and the splintering thereafter.

The WTS has always been adjusted and has survived the death of Russell, the big exit in 1925 when Rutherford's foretold "end" did not come, 1975 when Fred Franz's foretold "end" did not come, and the 1914 generation change in 1995.

There is quite a turnover though. I once looked around the KH to see how many were JWs alive in the 60's and 70's....only 5 out of 90. No historical memory of the "adjustments" the WTS has made.

No the WTS will be here long after I am gone.

Blondie

• Satanus
    Satanus

In probability, what has been around for a really long time will likely continue to be around for a long time again. What has only been for a short time stands more of a chance of a short future. Based on that the wt could end in a century. The catholic church, on the other hand, will probably outsurvive the wt. The jews (judaism/semitism) will likely outsurvive the catholics.

S

• Quandary
    Quandary

I believe what would be a real eye opener for many would be greater media attention to molestation cases going to court. How the WTS has gloated over the past decades with all the scandals exposed with the Catholics and Evangelicals, taking the arrogant stance that this sort of thing does not happen amongst "God's people"! More NATIONAL media attention would certainly force many to think, are we really that much better than the rest?? IMO-

Q

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

IMO, that's the importance of living by the spirit versus living by the flesh [Galatans 5]. The more any try to mix the two, the greater the fleshly deviance can be. It's a warning to us all. The big question isn't, then so much whether Jehovah's way will remain, as whether we as individuals will. Jehovah's existence is guaranteed, ours is conditional.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit